The Wahoo Fitness KICKR Power Trainer is so advanced and such a paradigm shift from current trainers that we decided to shoot a video to explain and evaluate the package. It is just such a departure from current trainers that explaining it in text is rather difficult. So come explore with us and see what Wahoo has done to spice up one of the good old bike trainer.
Video: We attempt to explain the genius behind the Wahoo KICKR Power Trainer.
- Accurate power measurement – Wheel off design for direct, lab accurate power measurement at the hub – consistent and calibrated throughout every grueling mile
- Controlled resistance – Connected to your device, the KICKR sets your resistance via your favorite app or software
- Ultra-realistic road feel – Super flywheel engineered to replicate the inertia of an actual rider on the road
- Wireless control and data transfer – Bluetooth 4.0 (aka Bluetooth Smart) and ANT+ enabled
- Quiet As Can Be – Quiet as your favorite fluid trainer; no shouting required!
- Virtual training – Works with popular training software such as Kinomap and TrainerRoad
- Compatible with iPhone 5 and newer, iPad (3rd generation and newer), and iPad Mini. And now Android compatible.
- The flywheel weighs in at 28 lbs for a realistic pedaling feel. The KICKR unit is 48lbs which makes it very stable for out of the saddle and interval efforts. Floor leveling feet are adjustable for uneven floor surfaces. The trainer legs fold easily and neatly for storage. Though heavy, the trainer will work on the field as well as you can use the trainer with a car cigarette lighter charger or remote battery.
- The KICKR currently works with 14 different apps and software programs. More are becoming available each month.
- Wahoo Segments is available for a one-time $30 purchase for the iPad only which is Strava Segments for indoor riding, so now you can take any Strava segment in the world.
- Hub Width: 130mm (road) or 135mm (mountain),
- Rear Axle: Quick Release, 142mm Rear axle compatible with the purchase of adapters for $29.99 retail.
- Drivetrain: Sram/Shimano 10-speed
- Requires Purchase/Installation of New Cassette: For Sram/Shimano 7/8/9/11-speed
- Campagnolo 9/10/11-speed (also requires Campagnolo freehub adapter – sold separately)
- Note for Campagnolo 11-speed Compatibility: Rear derailleur may contact a plastic cover when shifting into the largest cog on the cassette; this may prevent the use of that cog.
- Rear Wheel Size: 24″ RD / 24″ MTB / 650c RD / 26″ MTB / 700c RD / 650b MTB / 29″ RD
- Price: $1099
For more information visit www.wahoofitness.com.