Employing the latest technology from Dura-Ace R9100 and Ultegra road components, Shimano‘s revamped 105 R7000 drivetrain is claimed to deliver added versatility and improved ride performance for a wide spectrum of budget conscious road cyclists.
Featuring refined ergonomics, ST-R7000 shift levers match the slim look and feel of Ultegra R8000 and R8020, while the addition of the RD-R7000-GS derailleur and 11-34T cassette expand gear ranges. But the biggest news for Shimano 105 is the addition of hydraulic disc brakes with Shimano’s leading disc-specific features to the series lineup. New flat-mount BR- R7070 calipers are compatible with Ice Tech pads and SM-RT70 rotors (including a new 140mm size) to offer the most capable Shimano 105 group yet.
FC-R7000 Hollowtech II Crankset
The FC-R7000 Hollowtech II crankset delivers optimum power transfer, balancing weight and efficiently without sacrificing stiffness. Shimano’s range of rider tuned crankarm and chainring combinations expands with the introduction of a new 160mm crank arm and 50/34t ring option.
- Lightweight crank arm design produces excellent power transfer efficiency
- Redesigned chainring tooth profiling increases clearance between chain and leading teeth to provide compatibility with frames featuring 135mm O.L.D. and 410mm chainstay length
- Crank arm lengths: 160mm, 165mm, 170mm, 172.5mm, 175mm
- Rider Tuned gear combinations: 50-34T, 52-36T, 53-39T
- Price: $160
CS-R7000 and CS-HG700-11 Cassette
The R7000 cassette features an increased range of gearing combinations while the new 11-34T CS-HG700 cassette further expands gearing options for a wide variety of terrain. Designed to fit both MTB- and road-specific (with spacer) wheelsets, the 11-34T gear combination provides mixed terrain riders more wheelset options than ever before.
- Rider tuned gearing with wider gar choices
- CS-R7000 gear combinations: 12-25T, 11-28T, 11-30T, 11-32T (MSRP – $51)
- CS-HG700 gear combination: 11-34T (MSRP – $56)
- CS-GH700-11 11-34T cassette also fits 10-speed freehub body
Shimano 105 Series Hydraulic Disc Brakes
Utilizing Shimano’s lightweight and sleek flat mount design, the BR-R7070 Hydraulic Disc Brake Caliper features enhanced stopping power and aerodynamics for road applications. The new SM-RT70 rotor offers Ice Tech construction for excellent heat management for confident performance on long descents.
- Increased rider control in all conditions
- Sleek Flat Mount design integrates into a road bike’s aero profile
- MSRP – $70 (front), $65 (rear)
SM-RT70 Center Lock Disc Rotor
- Ice Tech construction provides excellent heat management
- 140mm MSRP – $34
Shimano’s legacy of industry-leading rim brake performance continues with the redesigned dual-pivot and direct mount models that feature new technologies and sleek designs, resulting in improved stopping power and efficiency with clearance for 28C tires.
- Clear contact feeling with balanced rigidity, weight and stopping power
- Sleek design with a narrower gap between arms
- Wider clearance with larger tire sizes (up to 28C)
- BR-R7000 MSRP – $95 (pair)
- BR-R7010-F (Direct Mount Front) MSRP – $58
- BR-R7010-RS (Direct Mount Seat Stay) MSRP – $58
- BR-R7010-R (Direct Mount Chain Stay) MSRP – $53
Refined Dual Control Lever
Shimano 105 ST-R7000 and R7020 feature redesigned internal shift units for slimmer, more ergonomically shaped control levers that match the design of Ultegra R8000 and R8020. Increased reach adjustment of up to 15mm provides more control and reliable performance in all conditions for both mechanical rim brake and hydraulic disc brake options. The new ST-7025 Hydraulic Dual Control levers offer the same features as ST- 7020, but the reach starts 4mm closer and the lever blades allows riders with small hands to comfortably and securely brake without rotating their hands forward to grab the levers.
- Redesigned shifting unit for quick and intuitive shifting
- Increased reach adjustment range (15mm)
- Slimmed-down hydraulic internals for similar ergonomics between disc and rim brake configurations
- ST-R7000 MSRP – $235 (pair)
- ST-R7020 MSRP – $310 (each, includes lever, caliper, and line)
- ST-R7025 MSRP – $315 (each, includes lever, caliper, and line)
Precise Front Shifting
The new FD-R7000 front derailleur utilizes the new link construction first introduced with Dura-Ace R9100 for easy setup and fine-tuning adjustments without the need for specialty tools. The RD-R7000 rear derailleur utilizes Shimano’s SHADOW RD low profile design and will be offered in both SS and GS cages for wider gear range combinations.
- New construction matches the force curve of the hand more naturally to reduce effort at the end of shifting
- New design allows for more flexible cable routing design
- Redesigned for disc-specific frames, accommodating a wider gear pitch without sacrificing shifting performance
- MSRP – $40
RD-R7000-SS/GS Rear Derailleur (11-speed)
- The Shimano Shadow RD low-profile design increases shift stability and reduces crash vulnerability while providing a sleek integrated appearance
- Two cage length options provide wide range of gearing compatibility
- RD-SS covers: 11-25T to 11-30T
- RD-GS covers: 11-28T to 11-34T
- MSRP- $53 (RD-R7000-SS), $58 (RD-R7000-GS)
To learn more, head over to bike.shimano.com.