One of our favorite GPS watches is getting a facelift. High-end gadget maker Suunto is adding to the Ambit3 GPS watch family, launching the new Suunto Ambit3 Vertical. The new time keeper on steroids provides a solution for sports enthusiasts when planning and tracking elevation is essential to training and competing in activities such as cycling, skiing and running.
The Ambit3 Vertical is available starting January 14, and comes in four color options: blue, lime, white and black with a MSRP of $469 ($519 with Suunto Smart Sensor).
The watch combines a sleek design with built-in barometer for accurate elevation measurements, route altitude profile, vibration alerts, and various multisport functions for running, cycling and swimming. Battery life is claimed to be up to 100 hours. Like all Ambit3 GPS watches, the Ambit3 Vertical tracks speed and distance, in addition to effort and recovery when used together with the Suunto Smart Sensor heart rate belt.
Advanced planning features allow workouts and routes to be preplanned or set up on-the-go with the Suunto Movescount App. Additionally, the Movescount App allows push notification of calls or text messages straight to the watch.
Enhanced mapping features on Suunto Movescount include topographic maps and altitude information for planning. Altitude profile of specific routes can be seen directly from the watch with real-time ascent gain and remaining ascent throughout the workout. A summary of ascents provides daily totals over seven days, 30 days and a full year, as well as an all-time total which can be tracked and displayed.
The new antenna construction of the Ambit3 Vertical allows a streamlined design and more comfortable fit. The composite case is lightweight, while the stainless steel bezel helps protect the watch glass and is water resistant up to 300 feet. The Suunto Ambit3 Vertical is designed, tested and built in Finland.
- Updated sleeker design
- Vibration alerts
- Real-time altitude profile directly on watch with current ascent gain and remaining ascent
- Built-in barometric pressure tracks ascent
- View a summary of vertical gain by day, week or year
- Plan ascents through Movescount App with topographic maps and altitude information
- Push notification of incoming calls and messages
- Up to 100 hours of battery life (60-second GPS fix rate)
- Customizable settings
- Multiple bike POD support (Bluetooth Smart) – Power, cadence, lap, power distribution, peak power curve/output, normalized power, aerodynamic drag in real-time
- Use phone as secondary display of watch
- Speed and average speed in real-time
For more information, visit www.suunto.com.