Recently RoadBikeReview was invited out to the home of Linda Jackson, founder and President of Team Tibco Cycling, to get the scoop on the new team bikes for 2008. LOOK continues as the team’s bike sponsor for 2008 and issued the ladies 585’s, with the exception of Brooke Miller who will be racing aboard the stiffer 595 this season. What first caught our eye, was the new custom team paint job. A striking combination of blue, black, and white gives these bikes a fierce look (pardon the pun). The paint job was a design by the team and executed by the LOOK factory in France.
Shifting and braking come via SRAM RED components, the sub 2000 gram groupset which is making it’s debut this year. The SRAM components give the team great functionality but also a full range of adjustability. The RED components are hung on Ritchey WCS handlebars and stem. You’ll notice the ladies are sporting the new “Wet White” finish stems. Availability of these Ritchey stems and the corresponding “Wet White” handlebars to consumers won’t be until late this summer.
Photographed here with the HED Stingers, this will be the preferred setup for road race days. If wind is a factor though, the team may run Bastognes in the front in place of the deep dish Stingers. For criteriums, the team has the choice of running the HED Stinger 60’s or Jet 50’s front and back. The team will generally train on the Bastogne’s.
The Full rundown of parts-
- Frames: LOOK 585 Elle road bikes, Brook Miller on a LOOK 595, 496 Tri for Time Trialling
- Groupo: Sram Red for race bikes, Force for TT bikes
- Bars: Ritchey WCS Logic Aluminum
- Aero/TT bars: Hed Vantage Eight, Hed Aerobar
- Stem: Ritchey WCS aluminim
- Seatpost: Look ergopost4
- Saddle: Selle San Marco
- Pedals: Look Keo Sprint Elle
- Wheels: For Road: Hed Bastogne, Jet 50, Stinger 50, Stinger 60 For TT: Hed Tri-spokes and Hed Superlite Discs
- Tires: Schwalbe Stelvio
- Cables and Housing: Yokozuna