At this year’s Tour de France, the Yates brothers (Simon and Adam) became the first pair of siblings to win back to back White Jersey’s in the race’s history. This unique achievement inspired Orica-Scott team bike sponsor Scott to create something special for both of them for the just underway Vuelta a España. Press play to learn more.
Twins are identified by what they have in common, but also by their differences. This is what drove the creation of the two-side Scott Addict bikes. Not only will the Yates brothers ride a bike that is different on each side, but they will also ride the opposite version of each other’s Scott Addict. Side by side it is difficult to distinguish the bikes even though they are the complete opposite color.
What is black on one bike will be white on the other and vice versa. Both bikes include not only the frame in the design, but also all Syncros parts such as handlebar, stem, seatpost and saddle.
Scott Addict Special Edition Specs
The Addict RC Special edition comes equipped with an HMX carbon Fiber frame and fork that weighs in at just 790g/300g. It is the preferred climbing bike for Orica-Scott.
- Frame set: Addict RC special edition, small
- Saddle: Syncros FL 1.0 narrow
- Seatpost: Syncros FL 1.0 SL off set -25mm
- Stem: Syncros RR 1.5 Stem 110m – 17°
- Handlebar: Syncros RR 1.5 Handlebar 40cm
- Groupset: Dura Ace 9150 with Climber shifter
- Pedals: Dura Ace PD R9100
- Bartape: Syncros super light
- Tires: Continental Competition 25mm tubulars
- Wheels: Shimano Dura Ace C 40
- Powermeter: SRM Shimano
- Extra: Velon Box
- Seat height: 69.8 cm
- Bar height: 48.9cm (hub axle to under bar)
- Crank length: 170mm
To learn more about the Scott Addict head to www.scott-sports.com and be sure to check out the expansive photo gallery below.