Cycling fans can begin plotting their roadside viewing points along the 2018 Amgen Tour of California route, announced this week by AEG, owner and presenter of the 13th annual race. America's premier pro rood race will cover 645 miles of roadways, highways and coastlines during seven stages from...
For the first time in its eight-year history, the Amgen Tour of California will trace a south-to-north route when it rolls away from Escondido on May 12. The eight-stage race concludes 750 miles later on May 19 in downtown Santa Rosa, home to multi-time Tour of California champion Levi...
Chris Horner (USA), Amgen Race Leader Jersey Winner
On winning the 2011 Amgen Tour of California
"It feels fantastic to be the winner of the Amgen Tour of California. I have raced in the Amgen Tour of California since its inception and I helped Levi (Leipheimer) win it many...
Stage 8 Top 10
1. Matthew Harley Goss HTC-Highroad - 2:56:39
2. Peter Sagan Liquigas-Cannondale
3. Greg Henderson Sky Procycling
4. Oscar Freire Gomez Rabobank Cycling Team
5. Kevin Lacombe Team Spidertech Powered By C10
6. Taylor Phinney BMC Racing Team
7. Jure Kocjan Team...
MT. BALDY, CALIF. - Amid breathtaking vistas and challenging roads with continuous switchbacks leading to the top of Mt. Baldy (elevation 7,930 ft.), RadioShack teammates Levi Leipheimer (USA), three-time Amgen Tour of California champion, and Chris Horner (USA) crossed the Stage 7 finish line...
Stage 7 Top Ten
1. Levi Leipheimer Team RadioShack - 3:33:01
2. Christopher Horner Team RadioShack
3. Laurens Ten Dam Rabobank Cycling Team - 0:00:43
4. Thomas Danielson Team Garmin-Cervelo - 0:01:01
5. Steve Morabito BMC Racing Team - 0:01:21
6. Alexander Efimkin Team Type 1 -...
Stage 6 Top 10
1. David Zabriskie Team Garmin-Cervelo - 0:30:36
2. Levi Leipheimer Team RadioShack - 0:00:14
3. Tejay Van Garderen HTC-Highroad - 0:00:40
4. Peter Velits HTC-Highroad - 0:00:48
5. Maarten Tjallingii Rabobank Cycling Team - 0:00:49
6. Christopher Horner Team RadioShack -...
Team RadioShack's Chris Horner Retains the Lead After the Longest Stage of the Race
PASO ROBLES, Calif. - With the sun shining and an enthusiastic crowd cheering, 21-year-old Peter Sagan (SVK) of Liquigas-Cannondale raced across the finish line, narrowly beating Leigh Howard (AUS) of...
Stage 5 - Top 10
1. Peter Sagan Liquigas-Cannondale - 5:16:03
2. Leigh Howard HTC-Highroad
3. Ben Swift Sky Procycling
4. Paul Martens Rabobank Cycling Team
5. Alexander Candelario Kelly Benefit Strategies - OptumHealth
6. Jonas Aaen Jörgensen Saxo Bank Sungard
Chris Horner (USA), First Place, Stage 4
On respecting the Amgen Leader Jersey
"We had Sky Procycling put a rider in the front with us because they have the Amgen Leader Jersey and we wanted to show respect for that. We rode with Ben King and Markel Irizar in the front and their...
Epic Mountaintop Finish Played Out Atop Sierra Road in a Stage that Favored the Climbers
SAN JOSE, Calif. - In one of the most impressive team and individual performances of the Amgen Tour of California, Chris Horner (USA) of Team RadioShack out performed his competitors, and teammate Levi...
1. Christopher Horner Team RadioShack - 3:27:51
2. Andy Schleck Leopard Trek - 0:01:15
3. Rory Sutherland UnitedHealthcare Pro Cycling
4. Levi Leipheimer Team RadioShack
5. Thomas Danielson Team Garmin-Cervelo - 0:01:22
6. Christian Vande Velde Team Garmin-Cervelo - 0:01:29
Greg Henderson (NZL), First Place, Stage 3
On winning today
"It was a long day today because we had strong headwinds. I want to give a big thanks to the guys who rode out in front and took the breakaway because they were able to block the wind for us. The last 10 kilometers was...
Ben Swift (GBR), First Place, Stage 2
On winning today's stage
"Bobby (Julich; race coach) showed a lot of faith in me this week. Today was my opportunity to go for the win. The team was absolutely perfect."
On the shortened circuit and weather
Weather Cooperates for Stage 2 of the Race, Which Marks the First Official Day of Racing
SACRAMENTO, CALIF.- Enthusiastic crowds welcomed riders to the finish of Stage 2 of the 2011 Amgen Tour of California in Sacramento this afternoon after beginning in Nevada City, California. For the second...
Stage 2 Top 10
1. Ben Swift - Sky Procycling - 2:47:12
2. Peter Sagan - Liquigas-Cannondale
3. Matthew Harley Goss - HTC-Highroad
4. Kevin Lacombe - Team Spidertech Powered By C10
5. Juan José Haedo - Saxo Bank Sungard
6. Alejandro Alberto Borrajo - Jamis - Sutter Home
Andrew Messick, President, AEG Sports, presenter of the race
On the weather
"Two years ago, when we decided to move the race from February to May, we did it so we wouldn't get rained on, which was successful, but now we have snow. We have been watching the weather very carefully over past...
Due to extreme weather conditions and potentially unsafe roads, Stage 1 of the 2011 Amgen Tour of California was cancelled just before the riders, who were lined up at the start, were about to begin the race.
"We were monitoring weather conditions up until the predicted 1:15 p.m. PT start time...
LOS ANGELES - AEG, through its partnership with ASO, organizer of the Tour de France, has increased its international broadcast footprint of the 2011 Amgen Tour of California by increasing the number of contracted networks and territories to reach an even larger audience of cycling fans...
Levi Leipheimer (USA)
On the Amgen Tour of California
"The Amgen Tour of California is always a goal of mine every year; I always seem to find extra motivation in my training throughout the year. The race is always on my mind, everyday, rain or shine, and that has always helped...