Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not sure which bike I should buy. I can test ride the KHS but not the Felt. The KHS is a steel frame with a carbon fork. It has 105 shifter/brake, front and rear derailluer. It is a 2002 model. The Felt is a 2005, aluminum with carbon fork. Tiagra shifter/brake, Tiagra front and 105 back. Both are around $400. Which one should I go with. I like the Felt because it is 3 years newer, but like the KHS because of the component group. Not sure what to do!:mad2: :confused:

· Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I test rode the KHS tonight. It has full 105 with an Ultegra crank. It is a 520 Reynold Chro-moly frame. It felt a bit smaller than the 56cm trek I tested, but the seat wasn't in the right height. The bike is $450. It has been beautifly taken care of.

· Home Brew User!
2,812 Posts
shades9323 said:
I test rode the KHS tonight. It has full 105 with an Ultegra crank. It is a 520 Reynold Chro-moly frame. It felt a bit smaller than the 56cm trek I tested, but the seat wasn't in the right height. The bike is $450. It has been beautifly taken care of.
Both bikes would be fine and what you will here is buy the one that fits best. Not being able to test the felt makes that kind of hard.

Both are respectable brands but I'm partial to steel. If you like the ride and the fit of the KHS go for it. $450 seems fair.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.