Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any advice or experiences you could share about this Ti/Carbon bike build would be greatly appreciated. Seems like a great deal, looking into a purchase. Thanks MD45

·
Sluggo
200 Posts
About as good as it gets

mulkdog45 said:
Any advice or experiences you could share about this Ti/Carbon bike build would be greatly appreciated. Seems like a great deal, looking into a purchase. Thanks MD45
I have an '04 Ti/Carbon Victoire LeMond. It's a great bike. Fast, light, and comfortable, what else is there to say? If the price is right, and it checks out OK, go for it.

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
I consider it the best bike Lemond ever built, a classic. Of course I'm biased since I own one. Rides like a dream with great geometry. My only complaint is the finish on the carbon seems a little soft in spots. I think the 'spine bikes' are very underappreciated.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info gentalman, am in negoiations with the seller. I currenlty have 03 Zurich that I love. Not sure why I am looking/considering since I 'am the weakest link on all my bikes! Thanks again and hope your getting chances to enjoy your bikes as well! MD45

·
Registered
13 Posts
Great -except

I had this bike and it was great. Until, the rear seat stay carbon failed in some sort of delamination. About two inches up from the lug. Was not caused by any crash.
Now riding a trek since I could not get a warranty Lemond frame since no longer made.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.