Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are some impressions from the forum on the Felt F2c from "2005"? I'm sure some of us love'em and some may hate'm.Like to hear from some of ya.I have mixed emotions,one day love,next day i'm asking myself why did i buy this rig.In retrospect i think i may have been looking for a "wonder" machine for 2500.00,but maybe i may have to ante up to the kitty some.But seriously folks,any good or bad impressions would be of some help,wishing i still had that Schwinn 964 from the 90's it rode like a covered wagon at times and was heavy but i knew what to expect in and out of the corners and downhills.....climbed like a goat with a 200lbs backpack.:D :cool: Thanxs much.

·
Home Brew User!
2,812 Posts
A good friend rides ones. He was sent to Iraq so he only has about 1000 Miles on it. He loves it. The wheels are the only concern. He's 220 lbs and the AC's often make some strange noises.

We keep trying to convince him to trade them for some circuits. He might even clear a little cash if he sells them before they fail.

Another friend rides a 2006 (F3c maybe) and he is very happy as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I ride an '06 F2C and love it. It rides well, it's very comfortable, you can't beat the components for the price and overall it's a very nice bike.

I've ridden GIANT, Orbea and Cannondale. The Felt is just as good or better.

What about yours is giving you second thoughts?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The only real glitch i find i my 05 felt f2c is a flexi feeling front end when the bars are kinda shook back and forth slightly,i know this is'nt standard practice for most,but it was something i noticed after awhile and began to question it's origins.Some have sugessted that i get the A/C cr-420 aero-wheelset off this bike,that this wobble could be transmitting up from the wheels.I'm 6'2" 220# and the bike is a 58c.The pro-fit at the LBS fit me to this bike.Now when i'm riding the fit seems pretty sweet it's when i get off the bike and see just how short this frame appears that it get's me to wonder,why does this bike seem so small for me?I have a longer torso so the TT lengh fits out nice.I guess the answer may be to go to the LBS's and try some Stout'R wheels.Other than that,it's probably the deal of deals for a all carbon "Starship".:cool: :D

·
Registered
799 Posts
I agree, it's probably the wheels.

Either your wheels are flexy or something is loose on your bike. The frame is not flexing so you would actually notice it. Borrow a friends front wheel and you will probably immediately notice the difference.

I have a 2006 F2c...
KMan

Spinman said:
The only real glitch i find i my 05 felt f2c is a flexi feeling front end when the bars are kinda shook back and forth slightly,i know this is'nt standard practice for most,but it was something i noticed after awhile and began to question it's origins.Some have sugessted that i get the A/C cr-420 aero-wheelset off this bike,that this wobble could be transmitting up from the wheels.I'm 6'2" 220# and the bike is a 58c.The pro-fit at the LBS fit me to this bike.Now when i'm riding the fit seems pretty sweet it's when i get off the bike and see just how short this frame appears that it get's me to wonder,why does this bike seem so small for me?I have a longer torso so the TT lengh fits out nice.I guess the answer may be to go to the LBS's and try some Stout'R wheels.Other than that,it's probably the deal of deals for a all carbon "Starship".:cool: :D

·
No team-cest unless 8+!
7,287 Posts
Spinman said:
What are some impressions from the forum on the Felt F2c from "2005"? I'm sure some of us love'em and some may hate'm.Like to hear from some of ya.I have mixed emotions,one day love,next day i'm asking myself why did i buy this rig.In retrospect i think i may have been looking for a "wonder" machine for 2500.00,but maybe i may have to ante up to the kitty some.But seriously folks,any good or bad impressions would be of some help,wishing i still had that Schwinn 964 from the 90's it rode like a covered wagon at times and was heavy but i knew what to expect in and out of the corners and downhills.....climbed like a goat with a 200lbs backpack.:D :cool: Thanxs much.

Just FYI- The 05 F2c is almost exactly the same as the 06 F3c. All is same except for wheels. AmClassic/Velomax vs. Mavic Aksium

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have an '05 Limited Edition F3c. It's the exact same frame and material as the '05 F2c. The only difference is the decals. I've had it since Labor Day weekend of '05, logged over 5000 miles on it and I LOVE IT !! I've never second guesed my purchase !! I'm 5'10" and weigh 175 lbs. I ride a 54cm frame. I have to aggree with the others, I think your questions are in regard to your wheel set. Get a heavier set of wheels and I think your vibration issues will disappear. Mine came with the Easton rims and Velomax hubs and for my size I feel no vibration of flex when I'm running down a smooth road. When I climb it jumps like a goat and when I'm out of the pedals I can't feel any flex. You've got a great frame, I think you just need to "accessorize" with wheels, stem, and bars that are more suited to a big guy like yourself.

Bikegerm

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanxs "bikegerm" and everyone else on the forum for your input.I was thinking about the wheelset swap to something more stable for my size.Any suggestions for a aero-wheelset that is strong and affordable,i heard the Velocity deep V's might be the ticket.Any thought's ?
Thanxs again,:cool:

·
Registered
799 Posts
Neuvations

You may want to try a set of the Neuvations. Great wheelset for the price.
I have a brand new set of the SL2's on Ebay right now. $1.00 start w/ no reserve.
I weigh 185lbs on a 58cm Flet F2C. Eyes closed I might not know much of a difference between them and my Mavic Ksys.

KMan

Spinman said:
Thanxs "bikegerm" and everyone else on the forum for your input.I was thinking about the wheelset swap to something more stable for my size.Any suggestions for a aero-wheelset that is strong and affordable,i heard the Velocity deep V's might be the ticket.Any thought's ?
Thanxs again,:cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.