Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Cleaned up today - time to photograph and post.

Edit - I think she's done. Kestrel EMS OS bars are on, as are DA pedals, Zipp skewers, FSA carbon headset and Ritchey stem.

Build sheet is as follows:
Component: Manufacturer Title
Frameset: Fuji Team Issue
Headset: FSA IS2
Fork: Fuji Integrated
Spacers: Token Carbon
Star-fangled nut: FSA compression

Wheelset: Ligero Wheelworks White Ind H1, CX-Rays, Crostini 3.1/2
Skewers: Zipp Ti
Tires: Panaracer Stradius Pro
Rim tape: 3m strapping tape
Tubes: Performance Lunalite

Handlebar: Kestrel EMS OS Carbon - 44cm
Stem: Ritchey WCS 120mm

Bar tape: Cinelli Cork Ribbon
Brake/shift levers: Shimano 05 Dura Ace
Cables: Shimano/Jagwire
Brakes: Shimano 05 Dura Ace

Crankset: FSA K-force Mega-Exo
BB: Integrated
Cassette: Shimano Dura Ace 12-23
Chain: Shimano Dura Ace
Fr Derailleur: Shimano Dura Ace
R Derailleur: Shimano Dura Ace
Pedals: Shimano Ultegra

Saddle: Selle Italia SLR
Seatpost: Winwood Nico
Seatpost clamp: Fuji

Bottle cages: Weyless

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
A beaut

Appearance-wise, the Fuji is one of the best looking frames out there (IMHO). You've done a terrrific job with the build. How does it ride?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bertrand said:
Appearance-wise, the Fuji is one of the best looking frames out there (IMHO). You've done a terrrific job with the build. How does it ride?
Thank you, It rides very well. I'm coming off a Scattante Easton Ultralite frame so this really does ride like a (1952) Rolls in comparison. What was immediately noticeable was the way the carbon mutes any bad surfaces - I'm not having to lift my arse in anticipation any more. Additionally I feel as if I am transforming power much more effectively into forward motion (although of course this could easily be a placebo effect)!

I'm still dialling in the fit. I've flip-flopped from a non-setback to setback and now back to non-setback post and I think I finally have my a** where it should be over the pedals. It still leaves me about 8mm short on the overall reach and 5mm lower (compared to my other bike) at the bars which I'm finding surprisingly hard to adjust to.

·
But it's a dry heat...
286 Posts
Srexy said:
Thank you, It rides very well. I'm coming off a Scattante Easton Ultralite frame so this really does ride like a (1952) Rolls in comparison. What was immediately noticeable was the way the carbon mutes any bad surfaces - I'm not having to lift my arse in anticipation any more. Additionally I feel as if I am transforming power much more effectively into forward motion (although of course this could easily be a placebo effect)!

I'm still dialling in the fit. I've flip-flopped from a non-setback to setback and now back to non-setback post and I think I finally have my a** where it should be over the pedals. It still leaves me about 8mm short on the overall reach and 5mm lower (compared to my other bike) at the bars which I'm finding surprisingly hard to adjust to.
Hey Rex -

Nice ride...you copycat! Now that you've dropped the hammer on the Fuji, I'm no longer the only person I know who rides a Fuji carbon bike. ;)

Have you decided on which seatpost to use yet -- setback or no?

I think you're gonna love that bike. I absolutely love mine and have no regrets on the purchase. Good luck getting the ride dialed in.

Thx...Doug

1 - 7 of 7 Posts