Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read some good reviews on this bike and being a MTBer it seems like a good transition bike. I curious if 600 was a good price for this type of bike with the following components:confused: :

frame: ALUXX butted aluminum, Compact Road Design
fork: formulaOne Composite w/aluminum steerer
shifters: Shimano Tiagra STI, 9 speed
front derailleur: Shimano Tiagra
rear derailleur: Shimano 105
brakes: Dual Pivot Long Reach
brake levers: Shimano Tiagra STI
cassette: SRAM PG-950 12-26T, 9 speed
chain: Shimano HG53
cranks: TruVativ Touro, 30/42/52T
bb: TruVativ BB7418
rims: Xero XSR-4
hubs: Xero XSR-4
spokes: Xero XSR-4
tires: Michelin Dynamic, 700x 25c

Thanks in advance

· Registered
167 Posts
Hey, that was my re-entry bike. Loved it for 1 1/2 years. Got hooked. Out grew it. It's now the winter beater bike. 600 is about what I paid for it new in early 06. The 09 MSRPs at 900. They seem identical, but for the deraileurs.

· Registered
798 Posts
No that's not a bad price at all , as long as it has been well cared for. I just helped a friend of mine find a bike and this was the model and year I found for him .
He paid about what you did for the bikes itslelf . All told with shoes ,clips , pedals, a new handlebar,stem,handlebar tape,tires and tubes , and cleaning supplies,I kept him right around a thousand total.
It may be a bit off for you sizing wise because of Giants geometry . If this is the case ,perhaps go with a different size stem and play with your seat placement .
Good luck with the bike=)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.