Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any thoughts on these for a 185 lbs rider mated to a steel frameset? any input would be great... thanks.

lee

·
Registered
39 Posts
good combination

Have Colnago MXL frankenbike with current Campy build.

Record/open pros bit less harsh than Zonda's on rough roads, however find I prefer the Zondas anyway. Handling seems a bit more precise.

Also a bit heavier than you.

Just my 0.02

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok... if I go that route....DT1.1

I think i really like the DT1.1 rims over the OP's... can anyone point me to a build of these thats under $400 total?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a set of 2006 Zonda rims on a steel frame and I find they ride fantastic. They are smooth and true and seem to spin forever. I beleive they have the same hubs as the Eurus only difference is being machined sides and aluminum spokes on the Eurus. They are definetly not to harsh, even on Quebec potholed streets. So far I have around 250 km on them and find them so much more fun to ride than my ambrosio excelights on veloce hubs.

richard

·
tofurkey hunting
4,733 Posts
bikerboy337 said:
I think i really like the DT1.1 rims over the OP's... can anyone point me to a build of these thats under $400 total?
i just had a set of dt1.1s built with chorus hubs. the lbs gave me a deal on the hubs, and the total was $418 (i think). you could come in under the 4 mark if you went with centaur hubs.

prices per speedgoat (for an estimate)
dt rims $148
chorus hubs $220/centaur hubs $167
spokes $64 (guessing a dollar a spoke)

totals $432/$379

either way, you can come in very close to $400.
go for it.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Like Mine A Lot

I like the way they ride and I like the way they look. Yes, you may be able to get a less expensive and lighter wheel by going with a custom build but I caved to vanity and went with the Zondas. Regardless of what you choose I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts