Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
First off, I am new here so hello everyone.
I am currently looking to buy a tri bike and found 2 but can't make up my mind on which one to get!!

First bike: 06 Trek equinox 7 with
- Dura Ace upgrade,
- Zipp 404 wheels,
- carbon crank and ceramic bearings,
- T2+ cobra profile aerobars and
- tons of extra (bike trainer, old components from the original bike)
- Price: $1800

Second bike: 09 Trek Equinox TTX 9.0
- Bike is pretty much stock, no upgrades
- Price: $1500

$1800 is a bit more than I wanted, $1500 is more my price range but I feel like I'll get more for my money with the Equinox 7. The frame isn't carbon and is a little older but the bike is nicely upgraded.
Oh and I plan on doing HIM and Olympic tris with this bike.

Any thoughts?

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi CWG.
Thanks for the lengthy reply. I have been reading quite a bit about tri bikes and the associated fittings. I recently used this article to measure critical angles that may be a limiting factor: http://www.endurancecorner.com/Alan_Couzens/anatomical_bike_fitting

Based on my research from other websites, it looks like the trek equinox frame is a good fit for my riding style and for the use I want to make of the bike.

Thanks also for the note about the used wheels. Even though it looks like the bike was very well taken care of, I didn't think about the fact it could have received abuse over the years.

Thanks again for the feedback.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.