Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
06 f4:13 / paris carbon comparison help

I can't seem to find a real clear difference in these bikes that im reading or atleast its not stated clear. what is the weight difference I've found they both weigh about the same, but that does not seem right. The f4:13 uses HM carbon and the paris uses carbon? Anyone got any info there is nearly a 1000 dollar difference and I'm looking into purchasing one of these frames I'm coming from a bianchi to pinarello gota stay with Italian =D

·
Registered
90 Posts
Actually the Paris is about 200 grams lighter. Also the Paris HM Carbon is 46HM carbon, while the F4:13 uses 30HM carbon. The higher modulus carbon allows the paris to use less carbon allowing the lighter wight and the same stiffness.

·
Registered
90 Posts
EasyRider47 said:
outdoors-29:

FWIW - I have the F4:13 and before I bought it I had the same questions that you did. I decided that for the extra hundred grams or two, I basically had the same frame (visually/cosmetically), same manufacturer (same quality) and I decided it was a better value and with the extra money I saved on the frame, I upgraded the gruppo to Campy Record, went for the Campy Eurus wheelset, and changed the stem/handlebars to Deda Alanera! The result - one helluva happy camper here! ;-)

The positive side of this question - No matter which way you go - you'll certainly be happy!

Take it easy,
EasyRider47
I couldn't agree with you more. I have 2 questions for you... 1) Did you go with teh campy carbon crank? and 2) How do you like the Deda Alanera? That is the integrated bar/stem combo, right?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts