Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to order an 06 Lemond Poprad in the next few days, but have a few questions. I'm leaning towards cantilevers, but it looks as though the canti version gets the old 9spd 105 group, while the disc version gets 10 spd. Does anyone know if this variation is true? Also, for moderate off-road riding, how well would the carbon fork of the disk hold up? (I'm 200lbs) And one last question; Are the rear hubs 130 or 135mm? If I end up going with the disk because of the 10spd, and I want to replace the rear wheel, how do I find a GOOD disk compatable hub with road spacing? Thanks All,

Andy

·
Registered
635 Posts
No clue on the fork or hub, but according to the website you are correct, the 9spd comes with cantis, the 10 spd has discs....

·
Registered
13 Posts
There doesn't seem to be any consistancy on the poprads when they have been shipped to our shop. Some have come out of the box with 9 speed and some with 10. The ten speed in building the bike is alot more figity compared to the 9 but stays in tune rather well once you get it there. The carbon fork is super flexy and I weigh 165. My buddy who is 210 almost got the tire to touch the frame. If you want the discs take the bontrager fork off and get a steel fork.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, what shop are you working at? I work at one up in Milwaukee, but have been too busy to check things out for myself. I'm planning on ordering the canti version tomorrow, so I'll post pics as soon as I get it. Thanks for everything.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am down the lake in chicago. Kinda bounce from shop to shop every year. This year I am a the giant waste of space Village Cycle Center

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.