Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of getting a Lemond Poprad but not crazy about the orange on the '06 model. I found a leftover '05 (white) that I am considering which I can get for about a buck less. Are the upgrades to the '06 (bottom bracket, crank, frame material) worth the difference? Was any of the '05 stuff crap? I definitely want the compact crankset which I guess come on the 05 but not on the 04. Thanks.

·
Registered
462 Posts
The real difference is the the OX Platinum tubing which I really can't tell between the 853 and the OX. Pretty much everything else is the same. I swapped out the bar, stem, seat, brakes, RD, and wheels for my CX race machine.

·
Registered
818 Posts
i have an 05(white) and 06(orange, disc brakes) Poprad. Both have OX tubing, Bontrager Select wheelsets, etc.. The 05 is 9speed 105, and has a crappy aluminium fork that shudders when you brake, not a biggie if you're crossing it tho. The 06 is 10speed 105 and has an awesome Bontrager carbon fork. The fork moves around a lot, but feels superb.

take heed: Cane Creek headsets suck. My 06 just blew out a headset, i'm putting in a Chris King next week.

·
Registered
40 Posts
My '05 also has the OX tubing. I think Lemond went with the Platinum but forgot to change the marketing materials.

My friend has the orange and I've grown to prefer it to my white.

·
Registered
129 Posts
My '06 Poprad came with the old crank/bottom bracket (not the new one pictured on the Lemond websites). In fact, of all the '06 Poprads I have seen, none has had the new crank. So, in other words the components between the '05 and '06 are identical.

·
Registered
33 Posts
marimba_artist said:
My '06 Poprad came with the old crank/bottom bracket (not the new one pictured on the Lemond websites). In fact, of all the '06 Poprads I have seen, none has had the new crank. So, in other words the components between the '05 and '06 are identical.
My 06 Disc model came with the ISIS Bontrager cranks (even says 9 speed on them) - but the bike is 10 speed 105 equipped.

FF

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.