Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a Roubaix Pro to replace my Scattante CFR. Much lighter frame than the Scattante with obviously different geometry. One ride so far of 50 miles with 4,000ft elev gain, but not a familiar road so hard to say how differently it absorbs a rough road. Will no more after next weekend.

· Registered
1,808 Posts
Really nice bike - I like the red and black a lot.

Question for others. When I see a foot of seatpost and lots of spacers above the headset I think the frame is too small for the rider, especially on a sloping TT where standover should not be an issue. Wouldn't a larger frame with maybe an 11cm stem be a better fit?

sirthx - not being critical of your ride, if it works for you that's great and again it looks super.

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SantaCruz said:
Really nice bike - I like the red and black a lot.

Question for others. When I see a foot of seatpost and lots of spacers above the headset I think the frame is too small for the rider, especially on a sloping TT where standover should not be an issue. Wouldn't a larger frame with maybe an 11cm stem be a better fit?

sirthx - not being critical of your ride, if it works for you that's great and again it looks super.
You're correct. But being tall it's pretty hard to find a frame that would be ideal and still have the model/make/color/price that you want. This was a little bit of a compromise but as it is it's a pretty good fit. Biggest frame Specialized makes.

· Registered
228 Posts
sirthx said:
You're correct. But being tall it's pretty hard to find a frame that would be ideal and still have the model/make/color/price that you want. This was a little bit of a compromise but as it is it's a pretty good fit. Biggest frame Specialized makes.
I like the Roubaix a lot. I got to ride some in the hills outside of Morgan Hill when they were first introduced. The ride was so nice that I jokingly accused the Specialized folks of stealing the design from Heron. How big is the frame and how tall are you? There are larger frames available from some other companies (mine included) that have very similar geometries.

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HeronTodd said:
I like the Roubaix a lot. I got to ride some in the hills outside of Morgan Hill when they were first introduced. The ride was so nice that I jokingly accused the Specialized folks of stealing the design from Heron. How big is the frame and how tall are you? There are larger frames available from some other companies (mine included) that have very similar geometries.
I realize there are bigger ones out their of course. My Scattante is a tad bigger. This is a 61cm with a 60cm top tube. I'm between 6' 4" & 6' 5" with a 36" inseam. I had a nasty problem with a sciatic nerve in my lower back last year, and need to stay a little more upright than I would otherwise, so this geometry and size fits pretty well.

· Registered
228 Posts
With those measurements, I'd probably have you on a 64 cm Heron, but most folks fit on a larger size Heron than other brands. The bigger size would result in less seatpost showing. This effectively raises the bars relative to the saddle so you would be more upright. Typically, the tops of the bars would be about the same height as the saddle. I think you could accomplish that on the Roubaix as well if it came in a bigger size. In any case, if you are comfortable on the Roubaix, that is the most important thing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.