Banned
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Veloce 659 Grams
Exa Drive
Stamped Chainrings
Modern Looking

Victory 675 Grams
Machined Chainrings I'm pretty sure (can someone confirm).
Engraved Campy Logo
Old School Looking

I'm trying to decide what to put on an 85 Cannondale (with a 1990ish Chorus bottom bracket- I have another post regarding compatability but feel free to comment here).

Are there any other pro's/con's I should consider. Both would be about $70.

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
Friction_Shifter said:
Veloce 659 Grams
Exa Drive
Stamped Chainrings
Modern Looking

Victory 675 Grams
Machined Chainrings I'm pretty sure (can someone confirm).
Engraved Campy Logo
Old School Looking

I'm trying to decide what to put on an 85 Cannondale (with a 1990ish Chorus bottom bracket- I have another post regarding compatability but feel free to comment here).

Are there any other pro's/con's I should consider. Both would be about $70.
Around 1988 I was riding a Mercian with a mix of NR and Victory including the Vic crankset. I switched over from 12-14 speed and had a problem with the chain not catching the small ring with I shifted off of the big ring. The crank would spin like I dropped the chain for about 1/2 a revolution before the chain would drop into the small ring. I didn't think that there was much of a difference, but it was unnerving when it would happen. I was using a regina freewheel and I believe a Sachs Maillard chain. I eventually ended up with a 600 crankset and problem solved. I never tried a different chain, that might have made a difference. Never happened when I had the six speed setup.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Heres two reasons for Veloce

Veloce will give you better shifting because of the modern rings with pins and ramps

If you ever need a replacement chainring it will be easier finding a 135 vs. the Victorys 144(I think?)

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the BCD of the Victory is 116mm. I'm liking the Veloce due to the ramp pins (but I'm also considering a cheapy nashbar now though it weighs 820 grams).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts