Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
benchpress265:

That is a great bike. How does it ride? and how much does it weight with all those components?

I think I am going to get the dura ace 7800 hallowtech with ceramic bb ( SL01 only takes english threaded BB right?)
And also I am looking at some wheels but cannot decide between;
1) Dura ace WH-7850 or 7801 SL
2) Mavic SL, Elite, or ES
3) (any other good wheels to look at?)

Do you guys have any advice on light-durable carbon-handlebars, carbon/aluminum stems? (i have a specialized pro stem..it is great, but will have to get a new one since this bike has a different geometry than my current bike)

Also, should I stick with all Dura Ace or mix them up with carbon shifters, breaks, etc?

I also do not like to sacrafice durability and performance for weight.
I weight around 145, 5'91/2" tall.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I picked up this bike over a year ago, it was used but only had about 60 mile on it. I paid about $1800 for it (new today about $3,500). I don't have a weight on it but for me it is a great bike, I am weighing at about 185 myself. The bike is full Dura Ace (10 speed) including the crack and BB assembly, with Mavic Ksyrium SL ssc wheels. The bike is stiff enough for me and with the carbon stays and fork rides very smooth. I am only a recreational biker but I ride about 100 mile on her each weekend.

I would have to check on the Dura Ace Hollow tech and the thread but being Shimano I would thing that the thread was metric, but I will look at Shimano.com to check. I have heard pros and cons on ceramic bearings, but again I do not race the bike and really don't need to be any more high tech then the bike already is.

It is pretty much in mint condition. And it does turn an eye or two cause there are not many BMC bikes in eastern Pa.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.