Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard any news about the new Trek cross bikes for '07? I heard a rumor last night on a ride that they were going to do a carbon frame (possibly to replace the X0-1).

I can get a deal on Trek and Cannondale through my team, but have always loathed the X0-1 for being ugly (like most Treks) and the new Cannondale has too much Tiagra for my likes. I thought I was going to have to bite the bullet and pay retail for a new Garneau or Empella but if Trek comes through with carbon than I might have to go that direction.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Might be better off going with the Garneau so, at least, you have something to train on whereas waiting for info on the Trek might not come out, until September. At least, for me, September is kind of late to start training for cross in the Norcal region.
If I was going to get a carbon frame, it would be an Alan since I knew a guy who rode for the Alan team and he didn't have any problems with his bike.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Noone has heard anything?

I seem to remember the 06 X0-1's and the Poprads arriving by the masses at the lbs in august of last year. That's plenty of time to get used to the bike before race season starts in October.

I would love to have an Alan but the price difference between the base Alan frame and the Garneau is almost $350, and since I will be racing collegiate mtb this fall as my primary focus I really don't need at $2500 cross build. If I did the Garneau it would be built w/ NOS Ultegra 9 and w/ Mav OP's and finished off from the parts box.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.