Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Road-kill possum zombie
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I just have a question. Is there any real difference in the frames between the 2008 and the 2009 CAAD9s? I'm thinking about getting one and my lbs has an 08 in stock but would have to order an 09. So, is the 08 just as good as the 09?

Thanks in advance
Mike

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
The only difference in FRAMES is the paint scheme. Are you talking about complete bikes (i.e. '08 CAAD9-5 vs. '09 CAAD9-5)?? If you are, there are definitely differences. For example, the '09 CAAD9-5's have the 2009 Shimano 105 component line.

If you're talking framesets, then I'd have to ask if you're referring to an '08 BB30 frameset vs. an '09. Just six months ago, if you ordered a BB30 frameset from Cannondale, they'd include a better fork than the one that comes on the complete bikes. They just recently started using the same Ultra forks for the framesets as well.

More info for us?? :)

-Chris

·
Road-kill possum zombie
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was talking about just the frames. I know about the differences in components, I'm not too worried about that. I'm going to buy a complete bike, then upgrade the components as I can afford it. I was just wondering if the '08 that my LBS has in stock is the same frame wise as an '09 that would have to be ordered.

Mike

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
myk said:
I was talking about just the frames. I know about the differences in components, I'm not too worried about that. I'm going to buy a complete bike, then upgrade the components as I can afford it. I was just wondering if the '08 that my LBS has in stock is the same frame wise as an '09 that would have to be ordered.

Mike
Yep, physically the same measurements and everything - just the difference in decals and I think the top tube says "RS" on it. It all depends on what you like :) Regardless of which one you choose, I think you'll be happy with it :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts