Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After being rear ended and having my bike destroyed, I finally got the insurance check. However, the model I had my heart set on, 08 Sequoia Comp is not available at any of the LBS in New England. Anyone have an idea how I might be able to find this particular bike? Thanks:(

·
Cycling induced anoesis
13,019 Posts
FreeRojo said:
After being rear ended and having my bike destroyed, I finally got the insurance check. However, the model I had my heart set on, 08 Sequoia Comp is not available at any of the LBS in New England. Anyone have an idea how I might be able to find this particular bike? Thanks:(
Glad you lived to tell the tale and ride once again!! :thumbsup:
If you're set on new, then I can only think of two options. Do a dealer search for as long a distance as you're willing to travel for the bike, make some calls and see if any have it in stock. If that fails, wait for the '09's and be sitting down when the LBS tells you the MSRP. Well, there is another option. Try to locate a different model '08 Sequoia and swap some parts over from your old bike, whatever is possible to salvage, that is.

·
Registered
37 Posts
FWIW - Better yet... Upgrade to one of the Roubaix series. I've been riding a Sequoia for the last 3 years and am planning to upgrade to one of the carbon frame Roubaix late '08 or' 09. A Roubaix is a lighter, faster bike with similar relaxed geometry and a lot less vibration which will make it feel more stable at speed. Upgraded/better equipment groups too.

S1

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.