Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 08 Super Six has developed a couple of 1/2" cracks at the headtube/downtube interface and has some delamination between the BB shell and the frame. This is after 29 months and about 15,000 miles. Bike has never been crashed or even tipped over. In that same time, the big Si SL Mk V chainring is close to needing replacement, SRAM Red rear derailleur pulleys need replacement. Just about wore out my 4th chain. SRAM Red cassette may be able to go another chain.

LBS has the frame and will have it inspected by the rep next week. Hopefully I'll get a replacement frame quickly. Getting reacquainted with my 06 System Six that has 18k miles on it.
 

·
Superstar
Joined
·
419 Posts
s2ktaxi said:
My 08 Super Six has developed a couple of 1/2" cracks at the headtube/downtube interface and has some delamination between the BB shell and the frame. This is after 29 months and about 15,000 miles. Bike has never been crashed or even tipped over. In that same time, the big Si SL Mk V chainring is close to needing replacement, SRAM Red rear derailleur pulleys need replacement. Just about wore out my 4th chain. SRAM Red cassette may be able to go another chain.

LBS has the frame and will have it inspected by the rep next week. Hopefully I'll get a replacement frame quickly. Getting reacquainted with my 06 System Six that has 18k miles on it.
You might consider yourself lucky, my 08 System, was done in 7 months, developed a hairline fracture, may have had 5k miles. Then my 09 Super, well that was done in right around a year. Preying for big money with my 10 Super as I dont want a 11 Super to replace it. Good luck Im sure youll be on your way to a 11 Super.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,870 Posts
I'm at 4K on my 09 Super and there is no sign of any problem yet. Keep my fingers cross.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
132 Posts
Hmmm. 20,000 miles and counting on my '08 SS 1. No problem with the bike or components.
 

·
Naso Unicornis
Joined
·
875 Posts
Hi s2ktaxi:

I don't think you'll have to wait too long. Some of us expect to receive our 2011 frames in October, which is only a month away. This assumes that the time frames we have received are reasonably accurate. If you ride a common size such as a 54 or a 56, you should be back in business rather quickly.

Best of luck,
CHL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
What is the deal with these things? Mine has a void in the rear hanger/dropout area. Causing hanger/dropout to move when skewer is closed. Waiting on Rep too. Cannondale will take care of us. They have good customer service...Just may take some time... I think am going to look for a cheap Caad 9 to build up in the mean time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,870 Posts
CHL had the same problem and he is still waiting for his replacement frame since May. I had an ordered for team bike and it won't hit the store until Oct.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
370 Posts
Devastator said:
You might consider yourself lucky, my 08 System, was done in 7 months, developed a hairline fracture, may have had 5k miles. Then my 09 Super, well that was done in right around a year. Preying for big money with my 10 Super as I dont want a 11 Super to replace it. Good luck Im sure youll be on your way to a 11 Super.
What happened to your '09 SS? I've got one as well so I'm curious.
 

·
Superstar
Joined
·
419 Posts
LeDomestique said:
What happened to your '09 SS? I've got one as well so I'm curious.
One of the housing stops for the brake cable popped off, they are only riveted and poxied on. I dont think my LBS had enough slack on the cables. Its probably pretty unlikely that the same thing will happen.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top