Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Hates wind
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm looking to buy my first road bike after having to quit running due to terrible knees even though I'm only 24. I've always been in decent shape until I started pharmacy school and now the sedentary lifestyle of constant studying is catching up.

I was looking for a bike for around $1k and found the nirone with the sora components for around $800 which sounds great, but I'm hesitant about these components. The reviews of them haven't been the best. I went into the lbs here in memphis to look at it and the guy in there was trying to talk me into a Cannondale CAAD9 6 mainly bc of the better components (tiagra).

My question is, as a very new rider, would yall recommend the base model nirone? The step up to tiagra components (and alu/carbon frame) would cost about the same as the cannondale which is a little more than I'd like to spend, but I'd rather spend more and be happy than spend less and regret it. I really like the idea of the Bianchi after reading reviews on it and truthfully i just sexier than the cannondale (esp. the alu/car frame version).

Sorry for the long post, but I'm still trying to learn as much as I can before dropping this much money. I'd really appreciate any opinions/advice you could give me (about either bike) and thanks in advance!

·
Banned
460 Posts
Good questions. I purchases an 07 last year with 105/ultegra. I love it. I have about 400 miles on it. It is not the lightest bike. The Scott would be lighter but I'm partial to Bianchi..I have a celeste Nirone.

So, my advice, save a little more, and get better components. No complaints here. If you really get into it and start riding 50+miles a week then you'll appreciate the better shifting.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.