Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally completed my first bike build with the help of RBR threads, Zinn & the Art of Road Bike Maintanence and Park Tools. I'm waiting for 1st pair of Sidis to arrive from PBK to install a pair of Keo carbons. My LBS flipped the stem upon the initial purchase b/c I wasn't flexible enough but I will re-flip it back to its original position now that I've improved my flexibility. In short, I really enjoyed the entire process and learned a lot about wrenching. Now for the pics:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@2ndGen - Not sure of a final weight but I will figure it out soon.

@2cans - The frame is from 2009. I think I could have chosen a black CAAD9 frame at the time of purchase but my previous hybrid was black and I thought the blue was an attractive alternative.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Both the 2009 blue and black frame options rule... Your pics don't show how awesome the blue looks in sunlight (I have the same frame).

Is that a Specialized saddle? Nose looks tilted up a lot but maybe the angle of the pic...?

What bottle cages are those? They looks pretty sweet... Enjoy the ride!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good eye

milkbaby said:
Both the 2009 blue and black frame options rule... Your pics don't show how awesome the blue looks in sunlight (I have the same frame).

Is that a Specialized saddle? Nose looks tilted up a lot but maybe the angle of the pic...?

What bottle cages are those? They looks pretty sweet... Enjoy the ride!!!
It's a toupe team saddle and today was my 1st time riding with it. It seemed less comfortable than my toupe gel, but I I don't forsee any problems as I adjust to it. The nose was too tilted in the pic and I adjusted it before today's ride.

The bottle cages are Specialized Mantacages. I thought they blended into the overall color scheme of the bike and they happened to be the most affordable [email protected] LBS.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.