Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

· Registered
8,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

· Registered
103 Posts
Campy should have Nigel Tufnel be thier spokes person.

Nigel Tufnel: The numbers all go to eleven. Look, right across the board, eleven, eleven, eleven and...
Marty DiBergi: Oh, I see. And most amps go up to ten?
Nigel Tufnel: Exactly.
Marty DiBergi: Does that mean it's louder? Is it any louder?
Nigel Tufnel: Well, it's one louder, isn't it? It's not ten. You see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar. Where can you go from there? Where?
Marty DiBergi: I don't know.
Nigel Tufnel: Nowhere. Exactly. What we do is, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
Marty DiBergi: Put it up to eleven.
Nigel Tufnel: Eleven. Exactly. One louder.
Marty DiBergi: Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?
Nigel Tufnel: [pause] These go to eleven.

· Registered
8,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
robert_shawn said:
Campy should have Nigel Tufnel be thier spokes person.

Nigel Tufnel: The numbers all go to eleven. Look, right across the board, eleven, eleven, eleven and...
Marty DiBergi: Oh, I see. And most amps go up to ten?
Nigel Tufnel: Exactly.
Marty DiBergi: Does that mean it's louder? Is it any louder?
Nigel Tufnel: Well, it's one louder, isn't it? It's not ten. You see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar. Where can you go from there? Where?
Marty DiBergi: I don't know.
Nigel Tufnel: Nowhere. Exactly. What we do is, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
Marty DiBergi: Put it up to eleven.
Nigel Tufnel: Eleven. Exactly. One louder.
Marty DiBergi: Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?
Nigel Tufnel: [pause] These go to eleven.
That comment is getting old,, getting old....:rolleyes:

· Administrator
13,152 Posts
kbiker3111 said:
Does anyone else think there's a thing as too much carbon fiber?
No. That's crazy talk.

· Adorable Furry Hombre
32,358 Posts
It looks like somebody left the brifters out in the car too long....

· Banned
7,191 Posts
Gotta Say, it looks... meh.

The cage on the derailleur looks fat and blobby. I have a hard time imagining that it comes from the same company that produced some of the most elegant components in the history of biking. That melty-looking plastic thing might as well be a cheap plastic simplex compared to the beauty of C-record.

I'm sure it works great. I'm sure it's lighter than I could possibly imagine. But to me, Campy has always been about the marriage of italian style with performance. And this stuff is seriously devoid of that signature style.

Time to stock up on alloy campy bits...

· Registered
333 Posts
Not to go against the grain here, but I have to say that I like it. The levers look very functional, and they kind of remind me of the Pinarello Onda fork: I always thought that thing was kind of fugly in photos, but in person it looks great. Rear der. looks pretty cool too. You can't be too rich, too thin, or have too much carbon fiber.

The downside of course is that the grouppo is rumored to cost 2000 euros, which is what, about 40 grand with the dollar where it is now?

· Registered
333 Posts
Hey DirtBoy, you seem to have all the info; a couple questions:
1) Are the cranks the same, or at least backward compatible to last year's UltraTorque?
2) Have you seen any pics of TT shifters? Are those new too?
3) Any word on backward compatibility of deraileurs?
Thanks!

· Old Skool
804 Posts
+1

While carbon fiber components may offer some advantage for the uber-elite racer, IMHO the average rider (even racer) is better off with good quality alloy stuff. While not as light or "sexy" as carbon, alloy is tried, true, durable, and cost effective.

· Registered
8,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Americano_a_Roma said:
Hey DirtBoy, you seem to have all the info; a couple questions:
1) Are the cranks the same, or at least backward compatible to last year's UltraTorque?
From what I hear, they use a 130mm bolt pattern now. New cranks should work with 10 speed systems

2) Have you seen any pics of TT shifters? Are those new too?
Np
3) Any word on backward compatibility of deraileurs?
None.

I just do my homework and search!

· Banned forever.....or not
24,573 Posts
"From what I hear, they use a 130mm bolt pattern now."

Will Shimano allow them to do that?????????
(just kiddin')

Will Campy offer an 11-21 block??

· Registered
8,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
MR_GRUMPY said:
Will Campy offer an 11-21 block??
No. 11-23, 11-25, 12-25 and 12-27 ranges

· naranjito
785 Posts
Dirtboy, have you heard anything about the new 2-way-fit rims on the eurus and bora ultra wheels for next year? Of all the new stuff campy is bringing out, this might be one of the most useful - being able to run tubeless or standard clincher on the same wheel.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.