Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I've cruised the forums and the Internet for this info but couldn't find it consistently. The story goes like this.

I ordered and 09 Onix TDF from my LBS and just looked @ it. Looks awesome cept I noticed the rims are shimanos (can't remember the model, maybe rs or ps 250?) instead of Mavic Equippes. Anybody out there have an 09 TDF in hand or a confirmed spec list?

My LBS is going to confirm what's supposed to be on the bike but I also noticed a couple other discrepancies (like are the stem/bar cat I or II's?) so I want to have something confirmed so I can work with my LBS to get it straightened.

On the plus side, bike sure looked sweet regardless. Can't wait to take it out!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well the bikes built @ the LBS. It's 100% done.

I was going to take it home when I realized the discrepancy w. the wheels so it'll stay there until I get everything sorted out. LBS is planning to talk to Orbea today, if possible, or tomorrow .

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
That's not really fair/right though is it? I mean I'm not as familiar w. road components as I am mt. bike components but I couldn't even find the Shimano wheelset they gave me so I have no idea if it's comparable to Equipes.

My thinking is I liked/purchased the bike with the specs that were given to me, so I should get that.

edit: I just found the wheelset online - Shimano RS500

·
Registered
11 Posts
Orbea will budge on different components compared to what they normally come with. I have the white TDF frame with the TDA components. Saved money, works just fine, and got what I consider the best color frame in the lineup.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So I ended up w. a bastardized Onix when it was all said and done but I'm content and that's what's important.

I got the Mavic Equippes but w. Zaffiro tyres instead of Rubinos (which I'll just replace anyways) but I got a cat III stem instead of a II. Everything else seems on par. Picks will come up this weekend!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.