Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my new issue. Full write-up with pics. Looks like the Boonan bike with new zertz design, massive BB, sweeping stays, larger head tube bearing.

Bicycling says..."this bike changes everything". They talk about performance of a race bike with comfort at the same time.

· Cycling induced anoesis
13,019 Posts
Yeah, but....

rbart4506 said:
Oh no!!! This is going to be bad....If it's the fit and comfort of a Roubaix with the performance of a Tarmac I'm in trouble...Or should I say my bank account is in trouble!
Don't swipe that credit card just yet, because the '09 Tarmac may have the fit and (most of) the comfort of the Roubaix (almost there now), BUT be lighter and faster as well!! :D

· Administrator
13,151 Posts
Yeah the S-Works Roubaix was stale and needed updating. A Roubaix SL2 would sell like hotcakes.

The Tarmac SL2 already is selling like hotcakes, thus no real changes for 2009. Same for most of the uber hard to find Transitions (other then the Pro, which is specced different for 2009 I think).

:cool:

· Administrator
13,151 Posts
walter2007 said:
Gawd, I hate a stale bike.
LOL. The bike itself was nice (still is). But the design was a couple years old at this point, and didn't compare well with the Tarmac SL2. And given the pretty massive surge of interest when Boonen rode his in the Belgian classics, Specialized would have to be stupid not to roll this one out. And they're not. :p

· Dropout
328 Posts
Oh my God, this bike changes everything

We all need to trade in our outmoded carbon fiber bikes, because road bikes are evolving like CPU's, doubling their performance every 18 months. Right. Bicycling Magazine, these are the idiots that can FEEL ceramic bearings. Give me a break. I'll keep my 04 Comp--for 25 more years I bet.

· Administrator
13,151 Posts
MDGColorado said:
We all need to trade in our outmoded carbon fiber bikes, because road bikes are evolving like CPU's, doubling their performance every 18 months. Right. Bicycling Magazine, these are the idiots that can FEEL ceramic bearings. Give me a break. I'll keep my 04 Comp--for 25 more years I bet.
2004? That things going to explode and kill you. Get to a shop tomorrow and buy a new bike!

:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.