Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Cycling induced anoesis
13,006 Posts
skibud2 said:
What is the main difference between the 09 Roubaix and the Roubaix Elite? From the Specialized website, there does not seem to be much of a difference.
Thanks,
Mike
Actually, there are a fair number of differences considering the $300 difference in price.

On the Elite, the fork has an OS lower bearing race which (IMO) will add rigidity to the front end and make for more confidence inspiring cornering/ descending. The crankset is upgraded from an FSA Gossamer (not good) to Shimano (measurably better). 7r carbon on the Elite as opposed to 6r on the lower model. Little if any discernable difference. Carbon seatpost on the Elite, carbon wrapped on the base model. The wheelsets and remaining components appear to be the same.

Is it worth the extra $300 for the Elite? If it were my $$, I'd spend it, and I can be quite.... frugal. :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'd spend the extra $300 for the slopping top tube frame and better carbon. Plus you get a 105 crank.

Last week in Spokes Bikes .com in Wheaton IL I saw a Roubaix Elite in the Team Saxo colors, so if you like that it could be an option for you. No mention of that color on the website, email them or ask your dealer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts