Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got some 09 S-works Ltd shoes and am going to these from DMTs. Began to use the specialized 1.5 shim and insoles in my DMTs and that compacted the toe box hence the switch to a slightly larger shoe.

Have been reading on here about several problems (ankle bites from the hard piece on the tongue, vargus tilt etc.) and am wondering if some of these were addressed by the 09 version? Do folks know if the 09 have the 1.5 tilt built in the sole like previous years?

many thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
g-Bike said:
All Specialized Shoes have the 1.5 Varus built in wedge. Why not go try them on before you by?
Thanks for the quick response. I did try them on before I bought them and they fit really well. I was obviously not allowed to take them for a "test drive" so that I could then feel whether the 1.5 tilt was "right" for me but since I'm doing the insoles in my DMTs I thought these would be perfect if the 09s had the tilt still built in them. I was trying to see if Specialized had stopped building in the tilt because of consumer demand...

regards.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The tilt(varus correction) built into the sole of the shoes does not change the capacity in the shoe. The benefits of the shims are to correct forefoot varus or valgus giving you, the rider the benefit of proper alignment. Find yourself a BG or Advanced BG Fitter as this is what we are trained in. I wear the S-Works shoe and must say such soft leather as well as extremely responsive sole. Specialized from what I know has no plan in stopping something that works..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RobertBGfitter said:
The tilt(varus correction) built into the sole of the shoes does not change the capacity in the shoe. The benefits of the shims are to correct forefoot varus or valgus giving you, the rider the benefit of proper alignment. Find yourself a BG or Advanced BG Fitter as this is what we are trained in. I wear the S-Works shoe and must say such soft leather as well as extremely responsive sole. Specialized from what I know has no plan in stopping something that works..

Agreed on all fronts I was just trying to figure out whether I would need to continue with the shims or not... if it's already built in then I'll probably not need the ones that I have been using (unless I find out that more is better then I'd continue).

many thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts