Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Built and fit day finally arrived today! As I was drooling all over my new '08 Orca, I noticed a few things about it. It has the same magnesium seatpost binder, carbon drop-outs, and carbon head tube badge as new '09's. It's as if it's an '08-1/2. So as if I weren't completely fired up when I walked in today, it goes without saying I was considerably more so when I noticed these things. My other curiosity is if that's where the similarities stop i.e. does it by chance have the same carbon spec as the '09's with regard to being stiffer? I certainly wouldn't complain if it didn't. It's still way better than my current ride. At any rate, they're wrapping up a couple of things like bar tape and cutting the steer tube and then I get to pick it up at around 1:00 tomorrow. Way excited!!! Pictures to follow. :D :D :D

Kupe

· Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You mean like these (with descrption)? :D

Here she is. My '08.5, Red Orca 60cm w/ Chorus 10sp compact and King/DT Wheels. I wasn't sure how the wheels would turn out being that the hubs are orange and the frame red, but I actually dig it. The colors work together well without being too matchy. I was even more fired up when I got to inspecting it more and realized that it has some of the upgrades of the '09's (hence the '08.5 reference) i.e. Mg seatpost binder, carbon rear dropouts, and carbon head tube badge. I added an Arundel Dave-O carbon bottle cage and a Cateye Strada Wireless last night. I'm saddle searching as well. For the mean time I went with my tried and true Selle Prolink. It's a brick but I'll stick by it. I'm geeked! Take her out for the maiden voyage this afternoon. Now, for a name....

· ¿Por Que?
383 Posts
Looks super nice!

What kind of Campy-compatible cassette are you running on that Shimano-splined freehub? I've not heard great things about those adapted dealies. I'll be curious to hear your experience.

Only one bottle cage?

· Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm running the American Classic conversion cassette. It's dead nuts on shifting. I'm still getting accustomed to Campy and a compact crank, and so far I really like both.

And, yes, just one cage for now. As my rides get longer, I'll add another.

Just got back from the maiden voyage. Wow! That's all I've got for now. Just Wow!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.