Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You all have inspired me! Soooo.... since the weather looks great today at 75f I loaded up the bike and drove the car to work. Its about 28 miles one way and I had a meeting this morning so I decided to drive to work and ride the bike home. I mapped my route and drove that way to work today. It's a state hwy with a 2' wide shoulder that I'm probably going to ride in for the majority of the trip. Once I get closer to the house there is a 4 miles section with an actual bike lane then a crappy 3 mile section with a very small shoulder. Tomorrow I'm going to ride back after sunrise so I'm planning on leaving out at 8:30 and making it o the office by 10:00.

If I like it, I'll try to add this to my routine at least once a week.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I made it home in 1.75hrs. It was 28 miles total and I really enjoyed it. I didn't get any pictures but maybe I can snap some on the way back to the office tomorrow. I was pretty happy that I never used the small ring on the crankset. My new Ultegra Double is sitting in the box still and I wanted to ride a few hundred miles before I put it on.

For those familiar with the area I rode from Hampton, GA to Conyers GA via Ga hwy 20.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.