Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
Coasting .. not you usual urban style

I'm not used to seeing you on the K2 Downtown -- I thought the it only was for country riding.

I like the technique of your having the camera pointing backwards. It does not scare me as much as when I can see where you are going.

Are you going to be home after work? If I can get out of here early enough, I may stop by.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll be there.

MarkS said:
Are you going to be home after work? If I can get out of here early enough, I may stop by.
Yep, I should be home after work. I'll be packing up the last of my stuff for the big move. After Saturday I'll be living on Hollins St. I'll miss Mt.Vernon.

Swing on in!

Arby

·
Registered
105 Posts
Way cool!

Another great video Arby. It's so neat to see your commutes through the city. I ride in what would be considered a rural area. In fact, this morning on the way in I had to dodge some horse poop in the road.

It looked like the camera was mounted where the handlebar plug would be. Is that right? I would love to see a shot of the mount for the video camera.
MN Dan

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MN Dan:

I owe you a shot of that set up. I forgot to get one for you the last time you asked. My "set up" is pretty low-tech. I use an old piece of camera equipment. ( a bracket for attaching a gigantic Q flash to a camera ) I duct tape it to my drop bars so that it hangs vertically and my camera attaches to this bracket via the bracket's camera mount. It works really well and I can adjust the camera angle while I ride. I'll try to get a photo to you soon.

Arby

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Arby, is that a dedicated video camera you are using or more of a P&S digicam in movie mode?

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
Cool beans! Liked watching how you placed your leg for particular moves.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nah, I wish. It's just a point & shoot in video mode. 320X240 is her max. Works good enough for little fun web vids though!

Arby.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Coasting????? Motherless COASTING!?!?!?

Who is that imposter, next thing he'll be wearing a helmet!

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Coasting is easy on ol' Arby's guts these days! Friday I have surgery to get my hernias repaired.... weeeeeee....

Arby the sore.

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
Maybe we should swap houses

MB1 said:
O.K. what did you do with our RB1?!?!?

When I met Mrs. S (about the time that Arby was getting out of diapers), she had an apartment just a few blocks from where Arby currently lives. Just last night Mrs. S was waxing nostalgic about the old neighborhood and that maybe we should move back into the city when the girls go to college in a few years. Maybe we should swap places with Arby -- he can live in the 'burbs, wear a helmet and lycra, ride a plastic bike, etc., and I can become the new Arby. LOL

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Well...he is planning to get married and settle down.

MarkS said:
When I met Mrs. S (about the time that Arby was getting out of diapers), she had an apartment just a few blocks from where Arby currently lives. Just last night Mrs. S was waxing nostalgic about the old neighborhood and that maybe we should move back into the city when the girls go to college in a few years. Maybe we should swap places with Arby -- he can live in the 'burbs, wear a helmet and lycra, ride a plastic bike, etc., and I can become the new Arby. LOL
OTOH to move back into the city you are going to need some ink....

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
MarkS said:
HA! Had I only known your plans, I would have offered you my Luxury Efficiency a long time ago! Then I could take your place in the 'burbs and start playing golf. Or maybe get a poodle... or wear white shorts ... you know how those zaney suburbanites are!

Diaper-free for a long time now (years even),:)
Arby

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
I'm too old.

MB1 said:
OTOH to move back into the city you are going to need some ink....
Back in the day when I lived in the city, the only people with ink were sailors. I know times have changed. But, as much as I hate to admit it, there are times when I have to say, I'm just too old to change. I don't foresee any ink in my future.

Now, when my teen-aged daughters complain about my wearing lycra in front of their friends when I arrive at home on the bike, I threaten to get my ear pierced so that I can achieve the Mr. Clean look and really embarass them. But, I hate needles and pain. So, the only body adornment that you can expect me to have is a wedding band and a very conservative pair of cuff links.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts