Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a PRO PLT aluminum seatpost, and the problem I'm having is that the the 1-bolt saddle clamp keeps slipping, so the nose of the saddle gradually points up as I'm riding. The instructions recommend some "anti-slip paste", but I'm not sure what they're talking about. I know about carbon grip paste, would that work? Any suggestions on how to stop this thing from slipping?

Here's a pic of the post to help you visualize what's happening.

View attachment 280222

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Are you torquing the bolt to the right value? I have a a different brand and it is spec'ed for 12nm I have no idea what the PRO PLT is supposed to be.

·
Registered
11,474 Posts
Shimano specifies 11 Nm for that clamp bolt. Any so-called carbon paste or assembly paste will work. Apply it to the areas on the actual post and to the areas on the lower clamp parts that touch each other and provide the friction to hold your saddle when you tighten the bolt. It also helps to put a dab of grease under the bolt head/washer to minimize friction there. That way, your 11 Nm will provide a little more clamping force ("greased torque").

·
Premium Member
2,714 Posts
Carbon paste and a torque wrench to tighten the bolt to spec will do the job.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.