Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found an old ti mercx by litespeed just a frame, loking to see the worth in its purchase, but i will need a 1 inch fork to outfit it with. I know king makes 1 inch head sets but is it still possiable to aquire a 1 inch fork of resonable quailty and stiffness for a 230 pound rider. And 70 mm italian thread BB. Thanks for the help.
Dave

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
I have a Alu merckx with a 1" steerer

Campy Headset and I'm 6'4" plus and 230 and I have a Ouzo Pro (all carbon). It has done just fine but I use only 1 small spacer.If you need considerable spacers I'd suggest an Ouzo Comp with an Alu steer tube. There are a number of mfrs still building 1" forks.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
1" forks

slowdave said:
Found an old ti mercx by litespeed just a frame, loking to see the worth in its purchase, but i will need a 1 inch fork to outfit it with. I know king makes 1 inch head sets but is it still possiable to aquire a 1 inch fork of resonable quailty and stiffness for a 230 pound rider. And 70 mm italian thread BB. Thanks for the help.
Dave
There are still plenty of 1" forks available, from top brands like Reynolds, Profile, Alpha-Q, Easton, Kestrel, etc. Just check their web sites.

·
keep rubber side down
624 Posts
one inch punch

quick like that: Habanero Cycle only uses 1 inch steerer/headset diameter.

check their web site and ask the guy which is a good choice?

·
Registered
655 Posts
slowdave said:
Dave
I was your size and found that the Woundup fork with carbon steerer was great. Very stiff and strong. It is available with an alloy steerer as well but IMO is not needed with this fork

1 - 5 of 5 Posts