Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got my long awaited Look 555. Got it off ebay about a week ago thanks to a larger than expected tax return. I really like the how stiff and solid this frame rides compared to the orca but I must say the orca is about the most comforatable bike I have ever been on. The Orca is much lighter to but it is built with DA and the 555 is all Ultegra. I posted several pics with different combos. I am curious to kow which ya'll prefer.

·
Devoid of all flim-flam
7,257 Posts
Pic #2. The one with no red. Very classy. Very handsome.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,979 Posts
I like the looks of the Orbea best, the 1st Look, (with the red) 2nd.

·
BS the DC
1,422 Posts
Pic 2

·
Registered
273 Posts
You're keeping the Orbea, right?

I think pic #2 is the best looking setup. However, assuming that you're keeping both bikes, I think that the Orbea is the least attractive picture - something about the red badging against the blue/white/black frame whereas it looks alright on the Look. IMHO (and this is assuming that you're keeping both rides and you don't want to swap wheelsets/saddles every time you ride) you're best keeping the SL's on the Orbea and the configuration of pic #1 on the Look.

·
LOOK lover
616 Posts
rollinrob said:
So I just got my long awaited Look 555. Got it off ebay about a week ago thanks to a larger than expected tax return. I really like the how stiff and solid this frame rides compared to the orca but I must say the orca is about the most comforatable bike I have ever been on. The Orca is much lighter to but it is built with DA and the 555 is all Ultegra. I posted several pics with different combos. I am curious to kow which ya'll prefer.
I like pic #2 best also, but #1 is also just fine! The Orca would look best with black components - splashes of red don't seem to mix well with the blue ribboning on the frame.

Tough choice - Ultegra on the 555 and DA on the Orca, or vice versa - you can make a case either way! I don't know if you're racing at all, but if it were me I'd be using the 555 in crits and the Orca for longer road races.

Nice bikes!

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies. So far I am keeping both bikes. I like the cleaner logoless look of pic #2 as well but I really like the silence of the velomax hubs so I may just wind up taking the stickers off the circuits and hopefully that will work work out.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
put some color on the handle bars. match whatever wheel scheme you do. solid black is boring, maybe stays cleaner, but boring. Great bikes though........

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How much lighter could I make the look if I switched it to all dura ace, shifters, brakes, f/r derailuer and the Kysirum SL's? I have been riding the look more and more (5 of the last 6 rides) and am really staring to appriceate the nuance's of this frame more. Its alot stiffer but I have not felt a lack comfort yet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts