Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my trusty 10+ year old Adidas Team MTB shoes finally ripped in half yesterday. Kind of sucks. I loved those things, they were stiff as rocks. Oh well...

Anyways, I'm hoping for some advice. I spend more time on a MTB (rigid, single speed) but log about 100-150mi a week on the road bike. I really can't afford two sets of pedals and two sets of shoes (at least of the quality I like). So, I need a pair of solid mtn shoes that are stiff enough for road. I use CB eggs pedals. So, what do you all think? Thanks in advance.

(oh yeah, I have no interest in racing, and am not all that hard on gear as I weigh 135lbs).

·
Registered
166 Posts
olapequena said:
... I need a pair of solid mtn shoes that are stiff enough for road. I use CB eggs pedals. So, what do you all think?
Re stiffness, look for carbon-soled mountain bike shoes. If I recall the model number correctly, I have Shimano M225. Other manufacturers such as Specialized will have carbon-soled mtb shoes as well. Being carbon-soled, they will be the relatively higher-priced model in the product group. I use mine with egg beaters and candy egg beater pedals.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,980 Posts
A. Shimano makes good shoes, especially in their medium to top lines.

B. Carbon soles are great. They're light weight, and I'm doubtful that you can find anything stiffer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts