Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out www.supergo.com. As has been rumored they have been absorbed by Performance Bike. Click through to Performance from the Supergo site and get 10% until Feb 6. (Note: I have not tried this yet myself.)

·
Collin's Dad
1,858 Posts
Each time you click through you get a diff coupon # (or I did it three times to check and they were diff each time). Each one expired on 1/19/06, so maybe it's only good for 7 days once you click through, but you can click through as many times as you want.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Here are the details from the performance site after the click thru:

As a special offer to welcome Supergo.com customers, please use the coupon code below to receive a 10% discount* on your next order at PerformanceBike.com. Coupon details listed below..

WRITE THIS COUPON NUMBER DOWN TO USE IN STEP 3 OF THE CHECKOUT PROCESS.

* 10% coupon details. Offer is good on PerformanceBike.com. No minimum order amount required. Not available at Performance stores or phone orders. Good for one-time use only. Cannot be combined with other coupons or special offers. Not available via Performance affiliate sites.
Offer expires 1/19/06.

·
Cycling Boob
844 Posts
BAHH!!! no way am i falling for half of what the coupon used to be! I'm still holding out for the 20% off and the free shipping coupon! Nice try performance but you ain't getting me!

But then again, a coupon is a coupon! Thanks OP

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
You mean you are not gonna wait for double points?

omniviper said:
BAHH!!! no way am i falling for half of what the coupon used to be! I'm still holding out for the 20% off and the free shipping coupon! Nice try performance but you ain't getting me!

But then again, a coupon is a coupon! Thanks OP

·
Registered
151 Posts
Performance renames Supergo Stores

I noticed on Performance' website that their retail locations have increased by renaming the old Supergo stores to Performance. No more Supergo--at least in name.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Speaking of Supergo/Performancebike, whatever, they are starting to irritate me. I just placed an order the other night and I did not see the 10% coupon. I mean the order was $250. So I ask them the next day if I can use the coupon code and they told me no, you have to enter it when you order. Well than how about I cancel the order and refuse the parcel?

Moreover I ordered an Ultimate weight scale. I tried to order this 1.5 months ago and they tell me it is out of stock and will be discontinued. Yet it is on their site now. Grrrrrr! They can be really strange sometimes.

·
Off the back
326 Posts
Saved me $15 on a set of rollers!

thomasbien said:
Check out www.supergo.com. As has been rumored they have been absorbed by Performance Bike. Click through to Performance from the Supergo site and get 10% until Feb 6. (Note: I have not tried this yet myself.)
Thanks much!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Performance prices seem high

Is it me, or are Performance's prices kinda high? I mean even with the 10% savings +shipping I'm not sure I save anything on most things from retail price.

·
Rollin' Stones
2,560 Posts
Performance.

555Rider said:
Is it me, or are Performance's prices kinda high? I mean even with the 10% savings +shipping I'm not sure I save anything on most things from retail price.
I don't deal with Performance because they profit from shipping. They tax me after I choose my shipping method. I feel that's wrong. I've dealt with a dozen other web-retailers over the years, none of which do that.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
cydswipe said:
I don't deal with Performance because they profit from shipping. They tax me after I choose my shipping method. I feel that's wrong. I've dealt with a dozen other web-retailers over the years, none of which do that.
Interesting you should mention the tax issue. I just questioned them on that the other day. How can they tax shipping charges? Is that even legal? I have never been taxed on shipping from other retailers.

Additionally, I think it is crooked of them to not apply your discount from a coupon until after sales tax and shipping have been calculated. Shouldn't the coupon be applied to the subtotal of items purchased, then sales tax calculated, and finally the shipping determined based on the discounted price of the items purchased only?

When I questioned the customer service rep at Performace about the tax on s&h she responded that s&h is supposed to be included in the taxable amount. I asked if that was due to the state they are shipping from or the state they are shipping to (Ohio in my case). If I remember correctly she said it was due to the state they are shipping to. I informed her that no other retailer I purchase from includes s&h in the tax calculation and I suggested Performance was not legally collecting sales tax. She had no response.

Does anybody know anything about these issues?

·
Growing Older, Not Up
1,318 Posts
From what I've read and experienced:
Sales Tax rate should be based on the purchasers state of residence. Some e-tailers will collect the tax and then its their responsibility to send the tax to the various states. Some won't do it and leave it to the consumer to report and pay the tax. Some only collect if they maintain a physical storefront in that state.
I've never had a retailer (online or physical) charge tax on the amount before discount and have my doubts about that being a correct way to do things.
Also, every online retailer I've used bases the shipping amount on the total after any discounts. I look at it this way. If they offer free shipping for $100 purchases, you know they would charge for shipping if you bought a $100 item and used a 10% coupon.
Tax on shipping? Seems suspect to me but could be state specific.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Twice in the last week I have attempted to place an order with Performance via the Supergo site. In both cases I found items which were not available at the price quoted in a mailed flyer that I have just received, and when I tried to complete my order the discount mysteriously disappeared from the total.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts