Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Finger Shift is getting jammed every time I try to down shift between the larger cogs. The only way I can down shift is by pressing down on the Thumb button and imediately hit the finger shifter. Indexing seems to be ok. Does anyone know what is causing this issue? Thanks

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
A similar problem can occur if the rubber hood is interfering with the operation of the thumb button. Check it out. Other than that, I got nothing. But there are others around with more experience than me.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ergo issue

Yes - check hood clearance. Also check gummed up cable guide below bottom bracket and cable housing.

Probably a broken gizmata inside the lever though. They go bad eventually (est.10,000 miles?) and need overhauled.

If you owned Operation as a kid, it's totally DIY fixable - search other RBR threads and videos on youtube.com on the specific Ergo parts that go bad.

·
Registered
10,160 Posts
info...

ems200 said:
The Finger Shift is getting jammed every time I try to down shift between the larger cogs. The only way I can down shift is by pressing down on the Thumb button and imediately hit the finger shifter. Indexing seems to be ok. Does anyone know what is causing this issue? Thanks
It could be something as simple as the brake hood rubbing on the thumb lever. Neither one will work unless the other is in it's fully released position. The most common broken parts are g-springs and the g-spring carrier.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts