Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone make a triple crank in 48/38/28 that's Campy 10sp compatible? Sugino XD is nice but I don't know how well it would shift. Anyone with any experience your help would be appreciated.

· Registered
772 Posts
I thought that Campy had a different spacing for their front gears as well as their rear cogs. Does this mean that the difference can be finessed by using some of the intermediary click stops on the front shifter?

· Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

· Registered
10,161 Posts
info..

The actual chainring tooth spacing between 9, 10 and 11 speed is nearly the same. The big difference is in the shifting ramps, changed to match the various chain widths.

Campy made no change to their chainring in 2007 when they made the chain 5.9mm wide instead of 6.1mm.

The only way to tell for sure if a crankset will work is to try it.

Of course Campy cogs spacing is different (4.15mm for 10 speed and 3.8mm for 11 speed, compared to Shimano/SRAM 10 at 3.95mm).

· Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
C-40 said:
The actual chainring tooth spacing between 9, 10 and 11 speed is nearly the same. The big difference is in the shifting ramps, changed to match the various chain widths.

Campy made no change to their chainring in 2007 when they made the chain 5.9mm wide instead of 6.1mm.

The only way to tell for sure if a crankset will work is to try it.

Of course Campy cogs spacing is different (4.15mm for 10 speed and 3.8mm for 11 speed, compared to Shimano/SRAM 10 at 3.95mm).
I was afraid of that. I almost never use my big ring on the triple. I 48T would be a much better alternative for my style, slow that is. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.