Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help!

My current cranks are dead in the water and I need to find a good deal on campy compact cranks? record or chorus preferably, and 10 speed!

Anyone know of anything?!

·
Registered
5,830 Posts
Centaur crank

I built up a touring frame over the winter using a Campy Centaur Ultratorque Compact, 34 x50. I absolutely love the crankset. It is gorgeous to look at, functions great and relatively inexpensive. (Got mine for $130 on eBay.) It works flawlessly even though the rest of my drive train is 9-speed Shimano DA/Ultegra. Say no to carbon. Get a Centaur.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Well, I just bought a Veloce Ultratorque crank from PBK because they were something like $65. I wanted to try the ultratorque system, and for that price it was an easy thing to do. I was riding aluminum Record with the square taper BB. After one ride, everything's good. Finish is pretty much as good as Record. Durability, obviously, has yet to be determined. Shifting on the front is very good.

·
Registered
5,830 Posts
PBK had the Centaur Ultratorque compact crank for $100 but was out of stock when I needed to order mine. They had it back in stock about 2 weeks later. I did buy BB cups from PBK, however, and they only cost about $12.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.