Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I self medicate, I ride
37 Posts
Yes it is possible. It looks like you are running Ultegra?? You will need the new cassette, 10 speed chain, 10 speed rear deraileur and new rear shifter at least. If you are running Shimano I assume you want to stay with it. the 10 speed cassette should fit on your existing 9 speed hubs. Spring for new cables and housing if they aren't included with the shifters. Find a knowledgable friend or your LBS to set it up correctly and save you some headaches.
BTW nothing wrong with 9 speed.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I have ultegra 9 shifter but I want to change my sprocket to 10 without buying any more shifter, since it's working perfectly fine...my hub is integrated with wheelset 10 speed supported, I don't want to buy a new RD too...just want the sprocket changed...

I hope it works...maybe 9 speed chain also works fine ?

·
Registered
69 Posts
It won't work that way. Shifters are indexed and 9 speed shifter will not change 10 speed. It needs 1 more "click" for that. If you're not willing to get another 10 speed shifter, then you'll stuck with 9 (9 speeds is very good also and there is nothing wrong with 9 speed stuff).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.