Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
?? I have a CAAD7 frame w/ the 100% Carbon Fork (steer tube, dropouts etc) My question is, I cant seem to get the stem on w/ enough down force to stop a little ft/back movement/creeking/play. The Fork Race with this fork is not a solid ring but has a break in it ( which im not sure should be there). The bearing s are good, the bearing cups in teh frame are also good. Can anyone tell me
1. How to get teh fork mounted tightly
2. Shoudld the for race be a solid donut or is it supposed to have the break in it?

·
Registered
690 Posts
awood1 said:
?? I have a CAAD7 frame w/ the 100% Carbon Fork (steer tube, dropouts etc) My question is, I cant seem to get the stem on w/ enough down force to stop a little ft/back movement/creeking/play. The Fork Race with this fork is not a solid ring but has a break in it ( which im not sure should be there). The bearing s are good, the bearing cups in teh frame are also good. Can anyone tell me
1. How to get teh fork mounted tightly
2. Shoudld the for race be a solid donut or is it supposed to have the break in it?
Some FSA headsets come w/ a split crown race...there's nothing wrong with it. It's just makes it easier to install (no tool required).

If you can't get enough preload on the bearings, make sure the steerer tube is cut so it's 2-3mm below the top of the stem. Your top cap may be bottoming out on top of the steerer tube as opposed to the top of the stem where it should be. Or, add a small spacer between the top of the stem and bottom of the top cap to get the same effect.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.