Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did it!! Yes. I rode 100 miles today and I am so pumped. My first time going that far. I took pledges and rode for my youth group and raised just under 400 dollars. Motivation is the way. I averaged only 15.6 mph but am still very pleased. the first 50 was at 17.8mphaverage but when I turned around...the wind killed me. I feel so good and thanks all for your wisdom. Oh...I had a flat at 84 mils but 35min later I was up and going again.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Congrats!! Now that it's behind you, it will never again be a sticking point. You should feel great about yourself. Two great causes, the kids and your spirits.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Put your feet up and plan the next ride. Well done on the money raised you must be real proud atm :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jay Strongbow said:
That's not bad but next time shoot for under 35 min to change a tube.
Just kidding (sort of)....nice job and congrats on doing it.
Yea i know. My wife was behind me in the car but the air pump was not lol. she had to go home and get it. 10 min to change it but add 25 more min waiting for pump. lesson learned lol

·
Registered
21,542 Posts
Congrats!

rf37 said:
Yea i know. My wife was behind me in the car but the air pump was not lol. she had to go home and get it. 10 min to change it but add 25 more min waiting for pump. lesson learned lol
Your first century is always a milestone to be proud of.

Now, get yourself a pump or CO2 inflator system to carry along on your bike. You should never be out on the road without the ability to replace a tube and pump up a tire. Just like completing a century, it's a stripe you should have on your sleeve.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,979 Posts
On a century 15.6 average is pretty damned good, especially for your 1st one. You should be proud of yourself. Like others have said, you really need to get an under seat bag & carry a spare tube, tire levers, a couple of allen wrenches, a CO2 inflator & a couple of spare cartridges.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Awesome! You should be very proud of yourself! And I'm sure the $$ raised will be put to great use by your youth group.

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
Nice!

When I finally got to doing my first, it took me seven and a half hours rolling time, and something like eleven from start to finish. Next one's probably going to be slow too - a friend of mine wants to do her first.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts