Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
In a town full of amazing statuary this may be the finest of all.

As I've noted before; direct sunlight only hits the statue a few mornings every year at the equinox and a few days on each side of the equinox. Gotta take advantage of that great light.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
When I was interning there in '05, they were working on it. Scaffolding surrounding it. :(

Great picture.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RoadBikeVirgin said:
When I was interning there in '05, they were working on it. Scaffolding surrounding it. :(

Great picture.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DrRoebuck said:
Fantastic.
Thanks, I think I got all of the details of this one just right. I really like the way I was able to get the shadows, reflections and the figure lined up.

It was amazing how quickly the sunlight was moving across the statue, I only had a minute or 2 to get the light on his head and hand at the same time.

It was all about the light.

·
still shedding season
8,849 Posts
MB1 said:
I only had a minute or 2 to get the light on his head and hand at the same time.
...or it's a long wait until next year. Well done, as usual. :thumbsup:

·
Non non normal
10,100 Posts
That is one of my favorites.

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
i saw that as a kid, but i don't think i ever realized how much detail is there. you really captured it well.

·
jaded bitter joy crusher
19,723 Posts
MB1 said:
Thanks, I think I got all of the details of this one just right.
No kidding. It even looks as though there's a catchlight in his pupil! Was that deliberate, or a happy accident?

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Fredke said:
No kidding. It even looks as though there's a catchlight in his pupil! Was that deliberate, or a happy accident?
That is a sculptors trick where they put a bit of material in the eye.

Looks quite natural from any distance except very close up (this example ain't Lincoln but you get the idea).

·
Seat's not level
19,372 Posts
One of my favorites.

So when are you going to start selling these online? Some of us can't make it to your market shop.

You know we'd like to help a struggling :rolleyes: artist :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts