Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Mehpic
8,162 Posts
MB1 said:
There is no "Best."
sorry, i was being snarky

the best photo is the one not yet taken?

//by the way, thank you for this series. at leat five of them have been my desktops.
#75 is still up and i don't think i'm going to change it.

·
Failboat Captian
6,527 Posts
Well done, MB1. Thanks for sharing.

When you retire, you can start with #1 of 1002. And #1 will be a picture of you riding away from your office (self portrait)

·
Moderatus Puisne
15,886 Posts
Thanks, MB

I didn't comment on many of this series, but I've enjoyed looking at them as you've posted them, and apart from making me want to visit DC again, since the last time I saw it was 13 years ago, it also makes me think (as I believe I've told you before) that perhaps growing older won't be so bad.

Keep on riding, even if only at 2 miles per hour. Every hour, on average. Every day.

·
hold my beer n watch this
1,756 Posts
is the camera OK?

·
Old enough to know better
720 Posts
Thanks for the series MB1. I look forward to your and MS B's upcoming adventures in retirement. I m sure you ll get a great shot regardless of where you are traveling.

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Thanks MB for sharing this great series.....it's been inspirational for me.

Len

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks everyone for your kind comments.

To answer a few questions;
1) 102 was just a random number I came up with when I was thinking about doing a photo series. There never has been any meaning, timing or symbolism involved. Heck, when I started this series I didn't even know we were going to retire any time soon. :eek:

1a) At first I was kicking myself for picking such a large number but it turned out that I enjoyed going through the archives and even found some lost treasures.

2) Yes, I will sell matted and/or framed copies of any of my pix as long as you aren't in a hurry. I am still working full time, traveling and trying to keep up with my wife who if she doesn't ride 100+ miles thinks the day is wasted. :rolleyes:

3) Heck if I know exactly what we will be doing once we retire. First thing we are going to do is a bit of travel and likely I'll be selling my photos at art fairs once we settle down. Oh ya, we will be riding a lot. :thumbsup:

4) Argentius-growing older or aging is a good way to put it. I really don't know when old starts but I do expect with the extra free time our average speed over a year may even go up to 3mph. :)

Thanks again everyone for viewing, reading and commenting. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
great series.

how about a book instead?

·
disgruntled pigskin fan
3,224 Posts
Awesome stuff. This series was always the first thread I opened when I visted the lounge during my morning interwebs adventures.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Fantastic series MB. Really enjoyed the whole trip.

I remember absolutely wishing I could visit DC just so I could see those monuments and places you took shots of. When Tcon and I drove up to MD and went past DC, we saw Washington Monument from the distance and all I thought was 'wow I gotta see that one day.'

Still think so and wish so. I've always wanted to check DC out but your series pushed thy near the top of my lists of things I wanna see back there. So muchos gracias. Muy bonita.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've only been keeping up with this series the past couple of months but I really appreciate your photos. Can't wait to see what great images retirement will bring. Congratulations and thanks.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts