Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
518 Posts
'tis the season to overbid

I thought the same thing when I saw that auction end, although there have been a couple of MXL forks up for sale recently so maybe he knows something we don't.

Same thing is happening on a 62cm Century in Kelme livery I was hoping would go unnoticed so I could replace my De Rosa Primato that's going on the block. 5days left and it's closing in on $600. yikes....so much for finding a bargain.

I'll be glad when steel bikes go out of fashion again so the rest of us can buy in peace :D

G

·
I was watching that too. Had a feeling it would go crazy - just 'cause.

That price is even more than I allowed for at the high end.

Nuts.

I missed the end as I was nursing my ( thankfully not broken) sore arm from my MX Leader attacking me.

· Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
toomanybikes said:
I was watching that too. Had a feeling it would go crazy - just 'cause.

That price is even more than I allowed for at the high end.

Nuts.

I missed the end as I was nursing my ( thankfully not broken) sore arm from my MX Leader attacking me.
sounds like a story there....

G

·
zmudshark said:
Riding on the gravel again, TMB?
Would that it had been something that fun.

I was hanging the MXL up on the pulleys in the garage, I always take the front wheel off for head clearance.

When they are up fully, the bars are about 11 feet off the garage floor.

I was pulling the MXL up, and the rope got caught under the saddle skirt. I was going over to free it when the knot on the snap hook that goes around the bars let go.

I heard the "SNAP", and saw the front fork ends coming at me. I tried to duck out of the way and threw my arm to block it.

Saved my noodle but my arm took a hell of a swipe.

I thought I had broken it, but x-rays came up negative.

Swelling is down a bit today, my forearm is now about the size of a football.

G

·
zmudshark said:
Ouch! Is the fork OK?

Good thing it wasn't a CF fork, it would have shattered.

Glad you are OK, mostly.
Yes the fork is fine, thank you.

I realize my arm bears a striking resemblance to banded steel, but the fork survived somehow.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.