Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This Mornings Sunrise

Straight out of the camera, no adjustments at all
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,270 Posts
Beautiful :) I've probably already asked this before, but my brain is getting old... Do you shoot RAW or JPEG, then decide which photos need post-processing when you upload them on the computer? :)

What kind of camera do you shoot with?

-Chris
 

·
remodeling...me
Joined
·
4,177 Posts
Wow; awesome!
Before you leave town I'd like to buy one of your crew photo's for my nephew.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JPEG-get it right the first time and save yourself a whole lot of work.

DSLR-Canon 5D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
zeytin said:
Wow; awesome!
Before you leave town I'd like to buy one of your crew photo's for my nephew.
Anytime, thanks.

We expect to be in DC for a good while longer.

This the one I will likely use.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,270 Posts
MB1 said:
JPEG-get it right the first time and save yourself a whole lot of work.

DSLR-Canon 5D
My dad's been looking at the 5D for a while now - it generally takes him years to settle on such decisions :wink:

He has to shoot RAW - he's that much of a dork :lol: I'll have to show him some of your pics. My dad is OBSESSED with Mt. Rainier - I figure he'll probably convince my mom to buy a cabin near the entrance to Paradise when he retires :)

http://www.photosig.com/go/users/viewportfolio;jsessionid=a9V65JjRw4l9m9vubR?id=105339
 

·
a jumped up pantry boy
Joined
·
1,784 Posts
MB1 said:
JPEG-get it right the first time and save yourself a whole lot of work.

DSLR-Canon 5D
raw+jpeg. get it right the first time and save yourself a bunch of work, but have a backup plan just in case.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,270 Posts
yarble said:
raw+jpeg. get it right the first time and save yourself a bunch of work, but have a backup plan just in case.
Eh, I think my dad just likes an excuse to sit at the computer for 3 hours every evening :D
If you're a professional photographer, I can definitely see the appeal of shooting RAW. But my dad doesn't sell anything, doesn't make calendars, etc. Although he does frame photos occasionally and send them to relatives for Christmas gifts :wink:
 

·
remodeling...me
Joined
·
4,177 Posts
MB1 said:
Anytime, thanks.

We expect to be in DC for a good while longer.

This the one I will likely use.
That is incredible. Are you still doing the market on Saturdays? I've been wanting to see him practice and I could combine it with a trip to the market.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
RoadBikeVirgin said:
...If you're a professional photographer, I can definitely see the appeal of shooting RAW. ..
I sell lots and lots of images.

That is one of the reasons I don't shoot RAW.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,270 Posts
MB1 said:
I sell lots and lots of images.

That is one of the reasons I don't shoot RAW.
I stand corrected :) Is there a central location online where you store your work? Sort of an MB1 gallery?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
zeytin said:
That is incredible. Are you still doing the market on Saturdays? I've been wanting to see him practice and I could combine it with a trip to the market.
I've bagged the market this year, might start again in the fall (or not).

Just PM me the next time you are going to be in DC and we can set something up-or I can even send something to you.
 

·
Captain Obvious
Joined
·
11,876 Posts
awesome, MB1
 

·
disgruntled pigskin fan
Joined
·
3,224 Posts
Awesome. How 'bout you go to 200?
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top