Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to use a SRAM 11 speed crankset with an otherwise 10 speed drivetrain (chain, cassette, derailleurs, shifters). I am assuming this will work, as I've done this with Campy for years, but never done it with SRAM.

Anyone have any direct experience? I'm assuming the difference in chainring spacing (if any) is nominal and not a factor...am I right?

THANKS!

·
Banned Sock Puppet
14,452 Posts
I don't know about anything about the SRAM crankset that would make it not work. Cranksets are not that finicky about working with a chain that is for one speed in either direction. There are enough teeth on each ring to share the load that an exact match is not that important.

Now if you tried this with a cassette, it would be a totally different story.

·
Registered
8,224 Posts
The roller width of 10 & 11 speed chains are the same, so cranksets are interchangable. There are guides on the interwebz telling what can be interchanged.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I researched this very subject not long ago as I need a crank for my SRAM Red group, according to everyone who responded, the 11 speed crankset is exactly the same as the 10, just updated branding to show "22".

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I researched this very subject not long ago as I need a crank for my SRAM Red group, according to everyone who responded, the 11 speed crankset is exactly the same as the 10, just updated branding to show "22".
THANKS...figured as much.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.