Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
12,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. My soon to be 11 year old is due for a new bike.

She likes to ride. She really wants to do a charity ride. Hates hills. Does not like those "prehistoric looking" drop bars. Prefers paved roads.

Any thoughts?

Thinking flat bar road bike. Preference towards Giant as they are my favorite lbs by far.

·
The Cube
1,113 Posts
Any thoughts?

Thinking flat bar road bike. Preference towards Giant as they are my favorite lbs by far.
these are the only thoughts needed, I'd say. Flat bar should be a fine road bike that will be plenty capable for charity rides, and a really wide range needed for a kid.

And if you have a clear choice of favorite LBS, its a slam dunk that you should start there, ask them for help from the very beginning of the process, and let them show you again why they're your favorite.

This could also create a good teachable moment for your daughter about what makes for good business and good customers, not to mention, you could try to sneak in the secret we all know that a life without a wonderful LBS is a life never truly lived.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.